First couple agility classes

Thread: First couple agility classes

DefaultFirst couple agility classes

Well, we started agility classes on Jan 22. We are in what he calls "pre-agility" really just have to learn the fundamentals. We know nothing. As I expected,the first class was pretty boring. My task was to walk around and have Miles follow my finger. Not too hard on the left side, but obvious we need to practice on the right because my obedience dog feels he belongs on the left.

The second class, we introduced the tunnel. I already knew Miles loves the tunnel, but "OMG!" I think the tunnel is like crack for my dog. He was so lit up about that. It was so much fun! I was so happy to see him like that because he really is a "mellow yellow" and tends to be pretty casual about things. (especially healing in the obedience ring "yawn! mom, I'll be there in a second") This was really fun! I am really looking foward to learning and introducing more agility stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: First couple agility classes

You gotta watch that tunnel, it can be like a vacuum and pull a dog off course in a heartbeat

Sounds like you are having fun, get the fundamentals down and then you get to do the really fun stuff!!

debjen is offline Senior Member

ahhhhhhhh a tunnel suck dog..when ever they want someone to demonstrate sending to a tunnel they use one of my cavs..they will suck into a tunnel from across the ring..LOL

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yes, we are definitely having fun. He enjoyed the A-frame too and now seems very eager to go to about anything. I think it looks like a doggie playground to him.