Ack, I think we are doomed!!

Thread: Ack, I think we are doomed!!

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultAck, I think we are doomed!!

Okay, I was a bit tired and cranky and Remington just wouldn't pay attention at all yesterday, and I got a bit heavy handed with corrections.

Now, he's totally flipping me off.

Sigh.

I don't think he is cut out for obedience at all. I can only hope he won't embarrass me too much at the trial.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ack, I think we are doomed!!

Work on attitude! I know I have to work more on that with Micah than anything else. He'll do fine!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

patm is offline Senior Member

I might have missed it - what do you have him entered in? I understand the frustration - you are talking to a person who's titled dog just pulled her onto the floor tonight in class because she was going after the "new class" that was coming in. :no:

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kinderwood is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by patm
    I might have missed it - what do you have him entered in? I understand the frustration - you are talking to a person who's titled dog just pulled her onto the floor tonight in class because she was going after the "new class" that was coming in. :no:
    I know what you mean, Pat. I'm sure there are more than a few people in Petsmart I couldn't pay to be convinced that mine are trained and titled, lol.

raian, they all have their moments. The only thing we can do is shake it off and try to move forward. My biggest enemy in training is myself, and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy very quickly. I expect the dog to mess up, so they do. Obedience is definately a lesson in confidence. Chin up. Hang in there, it'll come. Good luck at the trial!!
    Darcy Litzinger
    Kinderwood Labradors
    Piper, Faith, Mocha & Pink

In Loving Memory:

HIT UCD Bel Air Blue Chip Of Kinderwood CD RE JH CGC "Blue" 06/25/06-04/26/10

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Thanks all for the words of encouragement

I think a lot of the problem is that my work hours have changed and I now work until 1:00 a.m. every night. By the end of the week I'm really tired and a bit cranky even though I always work hard at not being cranky to my dogs. I was a bit short tempered with the boy and gave a few leash pops (and we've been doing most our work offleash for Rally Adv. class) so I guess he's a bit stumped right now too as to who this person on the end of the leash is.

Yes, we work on attitude a lot (my attitude as well).

I know to keep it upbeat, happy, and fun. That's what I preach all the time. I have to follow my own advice!

You two will get passed this. I know that when I goof up, I feel really guilty about it for awhile. The truth is, my dog has probably forgotten all about it while I am still stewing about it. Now he probably just knows you feel bad about "something".

Yes, my "titled" dog clearly knows when he is in a place where he works and when he is not. He has been known to drag me around too especially when we are headed out for a hike and he is anticipating squirrel chasing.

debjen is offline Senior Member

I remember the 2nd show I took Riley too..the week before we were practicing and one day I was so frustrated with him I recall throwing the leash at him..(I didn't hit him just threw it down in front of him)..good thing he is so forgiving..anyway I was going to pull him from the show cuz I was sure he wasn't going to do anything but decided to go and do the first day and if it was too bad wouldn't stay for the 2nd day..not only did he qualify both days in Novice obedience (this was before Rally was available) he got a 3rd and 2nd place..so good luck and things will be okay

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Take a deep breathe and go back to your regular training. I know you both will be able to get past this and do well. Sometimes things get confusing for the dogs.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo