Started Hoss back up in obedience classes last night

Thread: Started Hoss back up in obedience classes last night

DefaultStarted Hoss back up in obedience classes last night

He was SUCH A GOOD BOY!!!!! His heeling has always put Kodi to shame, and last night was no exception. Perfect heads up "I adore you mom" kinda heeling. We are in a Novice III class (Basics, and not quite ready for the Ring Prep class), because it has been almost 2 years since I have done any obedience with him (other than the obedience needed for hunt tests).

We'll have a lot of work to do when his testicles start tingling and he gets distracted by pretty little hairy dogs, but he sure has matured in the last couple years! I don't know if I will ever trust him like I do Kodi though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Started Hoss back up in obedience classes last night

We're starting back Thursday after not being there since October. Emilu will probably be really good too, although i expect that Skippy will be a little distracted. skippy actually has better heeling than Emilu too - he looks up adoringly at me also - Emilu never looks up and makes eyecontact unless i have food in my mouth, and she lags behind most of the time.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Hoss does like his hairy girls, that is for sure! I'll never forget him heading for the Utility B ring when the Sheltie was doing her go-out and the look on your face! What a boy!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

We were supposed to start back this last Monday and for some reason the instructor decided to wait one more week. Miles is so ready to get back to work. He's always awesome after a break too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Boys Mom
    Hoss does like his hairy girls, that is for sure! I'll never forget him heading for the Utility B ring when the Sheltie was doing her go-out and the look on your face! What a boy!
    I am sure that incident will stay with me for ever!!! Actually, I am wondering if MY fear of that happening again will ultimately affect our performance together. I know I tense up when there is a hairy dog near by. Good thing he is a lover and not a fighter! Too bad the other dog may not know that though! Several months before that, Hoss and I were accepting awards in the Rally ring and he turned to go for a Sheltie, and absolutely pulled me flat on the ground!