Amber's Return to Agility

Thread: Amber's Return to Agility

DefaultAmber's Return to Agility

Somewhere around the end of March AMber damaged something in her left elbow. 5 months of doing nothing followed by 4 months of doing only field work and This weekend (Jan 1-4th) we returned to agility. Our only exposure to agility traini9ng was one practice session about 3 weeks ago, no other practice or jumps or contacts or anything. Yesterday we ran Open jumpers and knocked a bar and a pop on the weaves, and ran Exc A with only 1 droped bar that was my fault. Today She popped her weaves in jumpers but we had our very first Q in Excelent A, and to make it even better Amber had a 1st place! Even more important Amber is not showing any signs of limping! One thing that is rather interesting is that we seem to have cured one of her two problems, she now has contacts, she sticks them and holds them till I release her. No more jumping off the top 1/2 of the A-frame or sailing off the teeter. She still doesn't have a start line stay but I think I can live with that and just run with her.
    We have two more day still to run still but she seems sound. Life couldn't be better than to have a healthy happy lab with a job, or two jobs or three jobs..

Kelly and Amber

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Amber's Return to Agility

Congrats..glad she is doing so well

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Fabulous - looks like Amber is back and then some. Good for both of you.!!!
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Awesome!