Food allergies and feeding Raw!!

Thread: Food allergies and feeding Raw!!

4Onyx is offline Member

DefaultFood allergies and feeding Raw!!

Okay so my parents have a 10 year old Female Catahoula which they got her when she was 8 months old and about 90% of her diet consisted of table scraps. For about the past 2 years or so she has licked her paws and stomach raw off and on. :ugly: They have been back and forth to the vet trying everything, blah, blah, blah. Anyways, long story short, they finally tested her for allergies and she is supposedly allergic to . . . everything, or what seems like everything. She is apparently allergic to Pork, Beef, Duck, Rabbit, Oats, Peas, Potatoes, Barley, and a number of different grasses and trees. :surprise: So my question is, how is this possible?? Would this be referring to COOKED meat?? All of these meats are things that are supposed to be natural- why or how would she be allergic to these??- It doesn't seem right!! Any thoughts??

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Food allergies and feeding Raw!!

The best advice I can give you is get her to a good homeopath. I suspect this is an accumulation of vaccines, drugs and pesticides and a good classical homeopath can help to reverse the damage.
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

fongo is offline Junior Member

DefaultRe: Food allergies and feeding Raw!!

i just clipped a dog that had red and very tender paws

i asked around and the advice i got was soak the paws in saltwater and remove and additives and preservatives from the diet

i hope that helps your parents dog in some way