Just Labradors banner

digestion time

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Baloo317 
#1 ·
Since the digestion time for raw is 4-5 hours, would that mean that dogs would have more BM on raw then on kibble?? On while husband and I are at work so I was curious if this will mess her up if she has to go more frequently. Thanks

#3 ·
Dogs are creatures of habit and if she has the same routine, I wouldn't worry. Having said that, I wouldn't want my dogs to have to hold it for 8 or 9 hours in any event and would look for someone to let her out during the day.

#4 ·
Baloo poops much less on raw. Processing time is less, yes, BUT more of the food is utilized and so less gets dumped in the 'waste receptacle', as it were. ;)

And I agree with the creatures of habit comment. Baloo always poops on our morning walk, always in around the same spot. Usually he only poops once a day, but some days he'll go again on our evening walk, but not often. On the days after we've been to the barn he poops numreous times, thanks to eating copious amounts of horse poo. :vomit:

I wouldn't decide against raw for that reason.

#5 ·
I wouldn't worry about it either..... they do poop less , on raw, and we leave our dogs at home while we are at work, or 8 or 9 hours and they never run out and poop as soon as we get home and let them out...

#6 ·
Thanks for the responses- I appreciate it. I am leaning on starting the raw diet I am just a little nervous and then to pile on my nerves I keep coming across people against it. I'm still doing my research. I'm really just nervous about the bones part and any bacteria that comes with the raw meat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.