How would I go about feeding Auggie egg shells?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would I go about feeding Auggie egg shells?

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

DefaultHow would I go about feeding Auggie egg shells?

Sorry for the foolish question, but I tried the search feature here and came up with nothing on "egg shells".

If I make her a couple of scrambled eggs, or we use a couple of eggs for something, how do I go about 'preparing' the egg shells for Auggie as a supplement (of hamburger perhaps) or accompanying the scrambled eggs prepared for her?
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: How would I go about feeding Auggie egg shells?

When I was homecooking for Henry and had to add in a specific amount of eggshell, I would just rinse and dry the eggshells overnight, and then grind them with a mortar and pestle.

When he eats raw eggs now, I just throw the egg in his bowl, shell and all.

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

That's all I do too.... I throw the whole raw egg in their bowls. I have to crack Charlie Browns though... or he will carry it in his mouth, thinking it's a ball ! They just crunch up the shells like they are eating a milk bone !

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ok, I'll try just tossing it in her dish and see what she does with it. :whatever:
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Let us know what she does....... 3 of mine ate it no problem, but Charlie Brown thought it was a ball to play with!

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

I make hard boiled eggs and just crack the egg (shell and all) and toss in the bowl.
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

sarah is offline Senior Member

I have to crack the egg open otherwise Milly tries to give it back to me. Other than that I just leave it there for her to deal with and she LOVES egg in her Kibble which she gets once a week.
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Auggie ate only part of her breakfast this morning, not unusual, and why we cannot go with conventional treatment of her Chshing's.
    So a few minutes ago I got her attention and broke a raw egg over the morning leftovers and tossed in both shell halves. She picked out the 1/2 shells, ate what was in her bowl, and then tried to lick clean the shells. While 'working' on the shells she ate most of them, 'gakkked' a bit, like they were not going down easy, so I gave her another 1/8 cup kibble and she quit 'gakkking'.

Why I asked the original question is because in addition to the EVO kibble and 1/3 can of Innova canned food per meal, she also gets 2 oz. of hamburger pieces on the side per meal so I can get the 7 to 8 pills down her throat twice a day. :death: So I am thinking of ways to add the calcium that should be accompanying the red meat which totals 4 oz. per day. :embarrass:

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

Despite what the kibble companies scare us with, you don't need to be that precise with calcium. As long as you are not supplementing more than 20% of her diet, don't worry about it.
    Alternately, you could put her pills in her canned food instead of putting it in the hamburg.
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

That's good to know, because at 4oz. of meat day after day after day I was wondering if how long I could get away with giving the 'extra' ground meat. :embarrass:

Thanks for answering that question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast