New raw food provider
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New raw food provider

YellowLab is offline Senior Member

DefaultNew raw food provider

For those of you who feed raw, or are thinking of trying it, I invite you to visit www.petsrawedge.com. My family has just begun this business which sells Blue Ridge Beef products, as well as various other stuff. Anyways it would be nice to get some feedback about the site, and to know if the food is something you may be interested in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: New raw food provider

I took a look at your web site...... the links to the meat such as ground rabbit, take you to a page that is for cats.....

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

knicks25111 is offline Junior Member

I went to the site www. petsrawedge.com very informative site. lots of articles about how to feed raw. a lot of different kinds of raw foods and nutrients. i will look into buying some

thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BUT the site doesn't give prices or HOW to order. If I order online, I don't want to be making phone calls.... I don't do phone calls and waiting for people, I want to place an order via the internet . This webpage is very difficult .

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Quote Originally Posted by 4yelloweyedogs
    BUT the site doesn't give prices or HOW to order. If I order online, I don't want to be making phone calls.... I don't do phone calls and waiting for people, I want to place an order via the internet . This webpage is very difficult .

Some of the details are still being worked out with the ordering system, thus the online ordering page is not up yet; but hopefully we will have it soon.

jlab Guest

Here's the things I look for in any raw food provider and the answers in order of importance pertaining to your site:

1. Is it convenient, easy to navigate the site, easy to order? It looks easy to navigate. The package do not come in 1 lb containers so for me this would be inconvenient. Haven't seen the ordering process yet so can't answer that yet.

2. Is there any special raw food that I could only get from this site? The answer would have to be no. I don't see anything for whole prey feeders. I also don't see any complex chunks of carcass meat or raw organ mix that I could order.

3. Is there good variety? I'd have to answer no. Don't see any goat, mutton, bison, etc. - just all the usual stuff.

4. Is it inexpensive? Don't see the answer to that question on your site.

5. Can you ship to my location from South Florida? Don't see any info on this on your site.

The site looks appealing visually and has some good info in the references. I guess this would be good to get someone new interested in feeding raw but I honestly don't see the appeal for experienced raw feeders.

In conclusion, I would ask you to ask yourself one question:

What's so special about this site that pet owners will buy here and keep coming back as opposed to somewhere else?

If the answer to this question is "nothing", then I would change my approach and come up with something special for this raw feeding business and advertise it prominently.

Good luck!

Excellent points.

Quote Originally Posted by jlab
    Here's the things I look for in any raw food provider and the answers in order of importance pertaining to your site:

Thanks for you input, I will address your statements one by one.
    1. Is it convenient, easy to navigate the site, easy to order? It looks easy to navigate. The package do not come in 1 lb containers so for me this would be inconvenient. Haven't seen the ordering process yet so can't answer that yet.

As of right now, the food is packaged in 2lb chubs, but we do have 1lb chubs that are given out as free samples. Perhaps we could just sell these along with the 2lb and 5lb chubs if the demand is there. As for the ordering process, we are currently constructing an online store for checkout. The customer also has the option of buying over the phone or through email.

2. Is there any special raw food that I could only get from this site? The answer would have to be no. I don't see anything for whole prey feeders. I also don't see any complex chunks of carcass meat or raw organ mix that I could order.

We do sell a product called natural mix, which is organ meat consisting of a beef base, beef heart, Green tripe, liver and beef tongue.

3. Is there good variety? I'd have to answer no. Don't see any goat, mutton, bison, etc. - just all the usual stuff.

Maybe in the future we will carry some of these other meats depending on the demand for them.
    4. Is it inexpensive? Don't see the answer to that question on your site.

Inexpensive is a relative term. We will have the prices up shortly, but I can tell you the 2lb chubs will all be in the $4.00-$4.70 range.
    5. Can you ship to my location from South Florida? Don't see any info on this on your site.

We will have this info up shortly as well. We originally were not going to ship out of florida, but we have decided that we will ship to any state that we can get a box to in 5 days or less.

The site looks appealing visually and has some good info in the references. I guess this would be good to get someone new interested in feeding raw but I honestly don't see the appeal for experienced raw feeders.

In conclusion, I would ask you to ask yourself one question:

What's so special about this site that pet owners will buy here and keep coming back as opposed to somewhere else?

If the answer to this question is "nothing", then I would change my approach and come up with something special for this raw feeding business and advertise it prominently.

Good luck!

For anyone interested, www.petsrawedge.com now has an online store. I think you will find the site to be more user friendly now.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Nice for resource for those of you in the south!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast