Notice any changes in your dogs?

Thread: Notice any changes in your dogs?

lunamus is offline Senior Member

DefaultNotice any changes in your dogs?

Perhaps a weird question

But I'm noticing a lot of changes in Luna these days. We've been feeding raw for about 2-2½ months now.

I can see her body changing.. getting tighter. Her weight is still the same ( I think... we are getting weighed tomorrow), but she looks different.

Her mood is also changing. She has always been quite lazy and not really interested in other dogs. She's started to trot a bit more.. not all the time, but that 's okay

She's "talking" a lot more.. Grunting, if things aren't going the way she wants. Whimpering when seeing other dogs (she did this when she was false pregnant - now speyed) and she's getting a bit more unpredictable.. not in a huge way, but I can't trust her to walk past other dogs controlled by my hand (off lead)with a treat in it, no longer

Inside she's more playful.. Comes and sits with a toy in her mouth, inviting me to play.. That's also new..

Quite interesting to watch.. We are still not feeding the 2% of her weight as is supposed to be a middleground. She has less, untill her body looks completely fit.

Just wondered if its only me noticing these things? I was rawfeeding for 2 years untill a year ago, and back then I didnt see these changes.. I DO however feed a lot more different food items this time.
    Jeanette and Luna. Sleep tight Oliver, our little kitty, thank you for 15 great years

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Notice any changes in your dogs?

I've seen differences in all 4 of mine. The biggest one was they all seem content.... they don't act like they are hungry and hunting for food or garbage all the time. They really seen satisfied..... and their bodies started looking bulkier. They ALL added bulk, and they look wonderful !! Also, no ear infections.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I definitely noticed major changes. The biggest ones for Baloo were the needed weight gain, he has bulked up nearly ten pounds since starting raw and looks fantastic. He's SO much stronger now (says the person on the other en of the leash when he decides to take off after a bunny... ). Also, his ears are unbelieveably, squeaky clean, and I haven't touched them since april. Last year I spent literally hundreds of dollars on his re-curring ear infections, no more.

Peanut has also gained quite a bit of muscle. The biggest thing I've noticed with her is her energy, she is acting very puppy-ish again, in a good way! She'll actually initiate play with Baloo now, instead of just sort of tolerating his attempts to play with her.

They both enjoy their meals WAY more now. They have always loved to eat (anything and everything) but there really is a difference in their anticipation and enjoyment. I love being able to do that for them.

I'm so glad we switched.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I'm glad to hear, it isnt just me going nuts
    Jeanette and Luna. Sleep tight Oliver, our little kitty, thank you for 15 great years

Daydreamer is offline Junior Member

Yes. I've been feeding raw and semi-raw since April. My girl has a better coat, better attitude and is just over all more thrifty and maintains her weight better. I'm very happy with the results.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

You should see differences when you feed raw. They should have better muscle mass and more energy than when fed kibble.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Boys Mom
    You should see differences when you feed raw. They should have better muscle mass and more energy than when fed kibble.
    Sorry for the late answer. I hope I can use the "better late than never" words..

Luna didnt get that much more energetic.. But a few months ago I contacted an agronomist, who laid out a plan specifically for Luna.. And on top of that, we've been to a chiropractor, a masseuse, started swimming 2 times a week (to build up muscle on her hind-part). We've also started running

All this has paid off, Luna is loosing weight and getting more energetic. We went to the masseuse last week and she told me, that she could feel that Luna was getting more muscle on her right hip and thigh.. Great news

I think its a combo of the food and our exercise..