has anyone tried kangroo mince

Thread: has anyone tried kangroo mince

doglover12 Guest

Defaulthas anyone tried kangroo mince

Hi i just tried my dogs on kangroo mince for the first time tonight, Einstein & Rascal loved it Amber wasn't sure but still ate it. I hope Amber will eventually love it like my other 2 dogs do. I decided to try a diffrent place for dog meat, I normally got ecopet but i think i'm starting to like this other meat. When i thaw ecopet mince out it has a funny smell to it which is normal, Where this mince smells fresh but is frozen too. The thing is ecopet i can only get in another town that is 30minutes from me and they get it delivered refrigerated then they freeze it, Where this meat is straight from the animal minced up then frozen & delivered frozen. With ecopet i'm spending $4.75per kg for beef mince, $3.75per kg for chicken mince. This other meat is $3.50per kg for beef mince,$2.50per kg for chicken mince & $4.00per kg for kangroo mince.

Just wandering who here feeds kangroo mince? & do you like to feed kangroo mince? I was told kangroo mince isn't as fatty as beef mince so is good if you trying to mange your dogs weight. I was also told that kangroo mince is healthier then any other mince.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: has anyone tried kangroo mince

We don't have a whole lot of kangaroos in Canada, so haven't had a chance to try it.

But I know that Kangaroo is a staple of many Aussie's raw diets for their pets, so I'm sure it's fine.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

sarah is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    We don't have a whole lot of kangaroos in Canada, so haven't had a chance to try it.

But I know that Kangaroo is a staple of many Aussie's raw diets for their pets, so I'm sure it's fine.
    hehe! My uncle used to feed it to his mastiff's as the main raw mince for their diet but I just can't bring myself to give my dog our country's mascot as her dinner..... I know that the country is overrun with Roo's but I just can't do it...
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sandgrubber is offline Member

Roo is a strong tasting, very lean meat . . . popular here in Australia, particularly for dogs who are best on a fat restricted diet. I haven't met a Lab that doesn't like it, though it's too gamey tasting for me. I give my pack meaty roo bones rather than mince, as I like to keep the calcium together with the protein.

doglover12 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sandgrubber
    Roo is a strong tasting, very lean meat . . . popular here in Australia, particularly for dogs who are best on a fat restricted diet. I haven't met a Lab that doesn't like it, though it's too gamey tasting for me. I give my pack meaty roo bones rather than mince, as I like to keep the calcium together with the protein.
    Well you have now Amber doesn't seem to really like thr roo mince she only eats half her meal and only eats it cause i make her by saying Amber eat dinner and show her food to her. She prefers chicken mince the best, mainly cause thats what the lady was feeding to her the most. She will eat beef mince, but her favorite is chicken. I think i have a fussy labrador,she will not eat dog biscuits on there pwn has to mixed with the mince,doesn't really like roo mince. She will not eat unless i'm standing there with her. I f i put her food down and walk away somewhere i can still watch her she walks away and comes to me. Only just got her used to eatting chicken wings but they have to be cut in half,she can't eat a full one. Amber eats less then what my cavalier king charles spaniel did he could eat a full chicken wing and want more. My golden and chihuahua will eat any raw meat offered to them, They will also eat plain dog biscuits. Does anyone else have a fussy or picky lab? Should i just keep offering the roo mince or just give her what she likes?

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnye
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317

hehe! My uncle used to feed it to his mastiff's as the main raw mince for their diet but I just can't bring myself to give my dog our country's mascot as her dinner..... I know that the country is overrun with Roo's but I just can't do it...
    Ha! I never thought of it that way! I guess that would be like feeding Baloo and Peanut beaver.... you're right. That would be way too.... odd.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!