Advice regarding swallowing an entire turkey neck
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Advice regarding swallowing an entire turkey neck

  1. #1
    YellowLabProject is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    547

    DefaultAdvice regarding swallowing an entire turkey neck

    I gave Tiegan a turkey neck, 10 oz.
    She was doing good chewing, nawing and I was standing over her watching her. A neighbor walked up from behind and I did not see her, but Tiegan did and I looked behind me. I said hello, that was it, before I finished turning around, Tiegan ran over to my neighbor to say hello. I turned around to pick up the turkey neck and it was gone. This literally happened in 2-3 seconds. I am hoping that this will not be to big for her little system to digest w/ it being whole.

    Any ideas/advice?

    Thanks,

    Doug
    www.ecboardco.com

  2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    jlab Guest

    DefaultRe: Advice regarding swallowing an entire turkey neck

    Shouldn't be a problem - even the bone portion is relatively soft and easily makes it through the digestive system.

  4. #3
    sandgrubber is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    51

    DefaultRe: Advice regarding swallowing an entire turkey neck

    Dogs do such things . . . I agree with jlab . . . if it's soft with no spiky bits that might perforate something, it should be fine.

    There was a story on Australian national news lately about a dog who swallowed a cane toad (very toxic, can kill a large dog when eaten) whole. The vet induced vomiting. 40 minutes after the toad was swallowed it came back up -- slimy but alive. The dog was fine.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25