Making my first Oma's Pride order...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making my first Oma's Pride order...

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultMaking my first Oma's Pride order...

The distributor doesn't take credit cards, so I had to cut the order back quite a bit, but here is what I'm getting:

Turkey Necks 30# case (Toms)
    Duck Necks skinless by case 26-29#
    (2) of the Ground Lamb and Bone 5 lb
    (4) Oma's Pride Green Tripe 5# bag
    (2) Sardines Whole I Q F 2# bag

All-in-all, it comes out to approx. $1.73/lb food, which is pretty good compared to what I've been finding (even on sale) at the local grocery stores. The distributor is paying for shipping, so we just pay COD when we pick it up the day it gets delivered (since she can't store it for us- no room). Still a big chunk out of my pocket-book, but I feel good about getting more variety and better nutrition for less $ per lb. of weight. I did this mainly to get some of the more "rare" items that I can't seem to find around here or are too expensive, like the duck, lamb, tripe, and whole fish. I've otherwise been having to stick with ground hamburger/beef pieces (steaks, other cuts), chicken wings/quarters, cornish game hens, turkey necks/backs/wings, and of course, beef liver/kidney and chicken livers.

What is everyone else typically paying? These are at the prices directly from the Oma's Pride website.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jlab Guest

DefaultRe: Making my first Oma's Pride order...

Hey, that's a pretty good price! Does that include the shipping? I pay about $2/lb (including shipping) when I buy from Hare Today out of PA.

Looks like a pretty good variety at Oma's Pride. Can you get it at even cheaper if you become a distributor (for yourself)?

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Dang that does sound good, especially for the "rarer" items. To ship to Canada would probably be ridiculously expensive though. *sigh*!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

Looks good, Julie! I'm envious!!

Hey Kate, maybe we should be the Canadian distributors of Oma's Pride??!!

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom
    Looks good, Julie! I'm envious!!

Hey Kate, maybe we should be the Canadian distributors of Oma's Pride??!!
    Yeah! I say we sell for a big fat mark-up. 8)
    Kate
    We're Superdogs!

Quote Originally Posted by jlab
    Hey, that's a pretty good price! Does that include the shipping? I pay about $2/lb (including shipping) when I buy from Hare Today out of PA.

Looks like a pretty good variety at Oma's Pride. Can you get it at even cheaper if you become a distributor (for yourself)?
    Yes, the distributor is paying for shipping. Therefore, I am guessing you can get even better prices if becoming a distributor yourself (probably why the distributor is able to cover shipping)...I just wish I had the space to do so. The distributor DID say, however, that we HAVE to pick it up the day it is delivered since she doesn't have the room to store anything. That has me contemplating... LOL

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

Kate, I'll totally devote my guest room to chest freezers... c'mon, we can do it!! Think of all the $ we'll make for training and trialing!!!

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom
    Kate, I'll totally devote my guest room to chest freezers... c'mon, we can do it!! Think of all the $ we'll make for training and trialing!!!

Oh I forgot about the storage aspect.... I can barely hold my guys stuff! :embarrass:

I'll help if you do it though!!
    Kate
    We're Superdogs!

CHOCOLATA is offline Senior Member

That sounds like a good price. Dana would probably laugh at us, since she gets way better deals and is able to get green tripe for almost nothing. I called slaughter houses and butchers and no-one would sell green tripe to me, so I order it from Hare Today. The shipping from Ohio to Chicago is a killer so it comes out quite expensive. I just found a local distributor for one company so I am trying to see what kind of deal I can get from them.
    Oh - have you ever seen (smelled) green tripe???
    <br /><br />Zlata &amp; Chocolata

Quote Originally Posted by CHOCOLATA
    Oh - have you ever seen (smelled) green tripe???
    We had cattle in the agriculture dept. in college that had fistulas implanted (like a little porthole) into various compartments in their stomachs...we often had to take samples for feeding trials and whatnot. It was pretty foul...and usually, as soon as you'd reach in there, the cow would "moo" and you'd get squirted with rumen contents. It typically took at least 2-3 days (and several showers) to get *that* smell out of your skin and hair. Anyhow, to make a long story shorter, I haven't ever fed green tripe but I have smelled A LOT of pretty disgusting animal stuff before. Rumen contents don't even compare to most of it. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast