Lamb

Thread: Lamb

YellowLabProject is offline Senior Member

DefaultLamb

I fed Tiegan her first piece of Lamb last night. It was late, we had just returned from our "clicker training" workshop weekend at 2am, so I had not prepared her nightly meal.... did not thaw anything. So I went to the store looking for something a little different, beef neck or something else good.... she gets chicken a lot. I could not find any beef necks, only pork necks. After one of our discussions here I am heeding the advice and staying away from pork. I found some lamb. It was labled as Lamb w/ Bone in. So I bought that, it was 1lb.

Two things I would like to share: 1)Lamb stinks! not like wafting throughout the entire room, but I stay w/ her through her entire feedings and picking up the remaining bone and when she was close enough to smell her breath- (the smelling breath is not part of the feeding....), it really stunk, even this morning her breath had remnants of lamb... 2)Bone In- It was really a tough bone, to hard for her to eat it. She knawed on it a good long time, it was fun for her, or at least it was a good time-passer. But it did not give her any bone....

So that makes me wonder what types of bones they can actually crunch and eat....

Doug
    www.ecboardco.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Lamb

Some of the larger animals it is more difficult for them to eat the bone. I know Caleb loves lamb and mutton. I get some pre-ground with the bone in it from Hare Today (don't know where you live but they are fairly close to me so it makes it ok with shipping). I still use the Oxyfresh oral solution that sell in his water cause even though I don't really need it for his teeth, I can't stand the trip breath and the chicken breath so when he gets a drink it does help with that.

One more thing. Doug, you are a good Dad! 2 a.m. Caleb would have gotten a can of sardines and I would have been in bed!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Hi Susan,
    I would love to take the compliment, and hopefully I still am.... , but no we did not go shopping for her at 2am- I was zonked from the weekend. The trip was 7 hours home and we both just crashed. I had enough food for her for breakfast and lunch which had pre-prepared, it was dinner that I had forgotten to do- bad-bad Dad!

Oxyfresh... hmmm- I will check into this. Maybe it can help her other end too?
    www.ecboardco.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jlab Guest

Quote Originally Posted by YellowLabProject
    After one of our discussions here I am heeding the advice and staying away from pork.
    Doug, what discussion was that? I don't remember hearing about any problems with pork?

John,
    Here you go....
    https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,73354.0.html

ps. I got my samples in and will be mailing them out to you tonight or tomorrow. So look for them by Friday.

Doug
    www.ecboardco.com