Tripe

Thread: Tripe

samrandy is offline Member

DefaultTripe

I just ordered some green tripe and was wondering a few things. Should I feed a whole meal of tripe or mix it with something else, like ground beef. I've never fed this before, will it be too rich for them if that's all they get the first time? Also, how often should I feed it, once a week--or can it be more? Thank you so much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tia
    Tia is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Tripe

I feed tripe a couple of times per week...not as an entire meal but with a meal. I think others do feed as an entire meal though. I would be careful with giving them too large of an amount if you've never fed it before.

FYI-be prepared for the smell...smells like a cow barn but a thousand times worse! It is seriously the grossest thing I've seen and smelt. :vomit:

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Caleb gets tripe three times a week with his veggie mixture. Holistic vet says for him the combination is necessary.

Now, have you ever fed green tripe before? Be ready! :vomit:
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CHOCOLATA is offline Senior Member

I feed tripe 3-4 times per week as a dinner meal. I don't mix it with anything. Chocolata loves it and does wonderfully on it. I am not crazy about packing it for the freezer as I usually order 30lbs :no:
    <br /><br />Zlata &amp; Chocolata

samrandy is offline Member

So, it smells pretty bad, huh? I don't even know what it looks like. I ordered 10 lbs, so I will have to divide it for the freezer. Since it smells, I suppose I should put the dogs in their kennel while I divide it up or they will be bugging the heck out of me! Thanks everyone for your replies!

CHOCOLATA is offline Senior Member

Oh yes it does. It is the stinkiest thing in the entire world you can imagine. However, the benefits of feeding tripe totally outweigh packing time Don't worry, you will get used to it over time. When I order 30lbs, it takes me about one hour to pack it and then I don't have to worry about it for the next 4 months or so.
    <br /><br />Zlata &amp; Chocolata