Holistic Care: Upper Respitory Infection or Kennel Cough

Thread: Holistic Care: Upper Respitory Infection or Kennel Cough

YellowLabProject is offline Senior Member

DefaultHolistic Care: Upper Respitory Infection or Kennel Cough

Tiegan has developed a consistent light sneeze, slightly runny nose (more than normal), and snorting last night and is present this morning. She has been strictly on raw for 5.5 weeks now and is 13 weeks today. How should I proceed? Should I allow her own immune system contend w/ this and resolve it, or look for a homeopathic/holistic approach or remedy? Her resting breathing and rate are very strong and no crackling is present. Her mood is good. She just had 1/3rd Mackerel w/ the head and ate it like a champ! So her appetite is unaffected.

Her temperature is a little higher than normal 102.1 currently and slightly higher than last night at 101.3. She normally ranges between 101.3-101.8.

There is no cough now or has there been. I pressed lightly under her trachaea and no coughing. So the symptoms don't represent kennel cough. But this may early and it will develop into more.... I don't know enough about it.

Thanks for the help...

Doug

ps. I posted first under health: I am never quite sure where to post... here is the link; https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,74352.0.html.
    I am not trying to cross-post, although, that is what I did. But if she does have kennel cough as Dani is offering, I want to proceed w/ her care w/ the raw diet's natural strengths.
    www.ecboardco.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Holistic Care: Upper Respitory Infection or Kennel Cough

Do nothing. Some raw honey may help but other than that, she should kick it herself.
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

Thanks Dana,
    That is what I wanted, and was hoping to hear....
    www.ecboardco.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

When Henry had KC, I didn't have to do anything to treat him... just let it run its course. No antibiotics, no cough suppressant, nothing.

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

-Doug, this puppy needs immune support fast.
    Can you see how insidious the effects of antibiotics are? They only suppress the symtpoms and drive the disease deeper into the body. This puppy sounds like she has zero immunity and this needs to be rectified.
    I would get her on colloidal silver and some echinacea as well as some good digestive enzymes.
    You might also want to order some Nux Vomica Homaccord and Detoxification Factorswhich aid in detoxification for chemical and drug exposure. You can get the probiotics there too. They are very reasonable and shipping is very quick
    Call them at 541-899-2080
    I am not a veterinarian so take this into consideration. Ideally, you will have a good classical homeopath you can take her to. Otherwise, try the above products.
    Dana

- Anonymous

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I never give anything except something to boost the immune system. Anything else just masks symptoms. I brought home a type of kennel cough from a judging assisgnment. When Caleb came down with it I did call my holsitic vet and she told me to get some echineaca (sorry about the spelling) and just work on boosting the immune system. He was fine in a couple of days.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Dana,
    I just saw your follow-up post.
    I am confused right now from your last post. Can you clarify? You wrote that administering antibiotics is insidious. Are you thinking I have given her antibiotics? I followed your advice, what I was observing and my gut feeling and I have not give Tiegan any antibiotic, I have not done anything except observe her condition and fed her today.

My observations are that she is sneezing and snorting progressively less through the day. Her lungs are clear, her breathing is at ease. Her mood and energy level has been normal, even while she was experiencing these symptoms and she appears to have felt good all day today by watching how active she has been around the house today. I avoided doing any training w/ her today to allow her to just relax and rest.

Can you apprise?

Thanks,

Doug

Ps- Update. I just took her temp., Sunday a.m., and it is 101.2, her ears are cool on the inside and her activity level is good- playing fetch and tug in the house. Sneezing and snorting is less again.
    The other thing I was thinking about is I cleaned her kennel pan w/ white vinegar and water, I feed her there and mopped the kitchen floor w/ ammonia and then white vinegar and water.... I am wondering if that could have anything to do w/ this????
    www.ecboardco.com

Doug I'm sorry, I thought she had a UTI that was treated with anibiotics?
    Dana

- Anonymous

Dana,
    No worries at all. But you did have me really freaked out when I read it ... Shewwwwwww
    She seems to be doing better by the hour. I am not an over worisome dad, but maybe a little. But one of my goals is to learn as much and become familiar about different conditions as they arise, whether it be general health or a medical emergency. Thanks for the help.

Doug
    www.ecboardco.com