very confussed

Thread: very confussed

lillyann is offline Junior Member

Defaultvery confussed

So I have been reading quite a bit about all these different types of "homemade" diets for dogs. I think it is a wonerful idea and am very interested. However, I have no idea where to start as far as preparing meals. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

I started going raw about 2-3 months ago. I feed one meal kibble (morning meal because I am brain dead in the morning) and raw at night. I feed primarily venison because I am an avid hunter and have essentially unlimited access to deer meat. For convenience, I mix in a prepared dehydrated mix to the raw meat so the diet is complete (Volhards or Honest Kitchen).

Others here do more of the homemade stuff, but since I work two jobs and do dog training on the side, I do not have a lot of extra time.

Try these links:

Honest Kitchen:

http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/prod...FRINDQodX2Vzmw

Volhards

http://www.volhard.com/pages/natural...upplements.php

And Nature's Variety, frozen raw

http://www.naturesvariety.com/raw_info

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

Nallah06 is offline Senior Member

Well, it depends on what you want to do. Do you want to do Homemade or Raw?

I know many people that do one or the other and are VERY happy with the results they get over feeding kibble, even premium kibbles.

I have just started Nallah on a partial raw diet and I'm very pleased so far. I'm still learning and trying to understand everything before I take the dive into a full raw diet. So right now she gets one meal of kibble and one raw. I've used pre-made raw mostly. We have a Pet Deli nearby that offers pre-made, ground up raw meat which includes the bones and organs in a variety of species. Its convenient. But, I don't plan on doing that forever because part of the benefit of feeding raw is the chewing action they get from the bones. Obvsiouly if they are already ground up, they don't get that benefit.

I have also given her a few raw chicken quarters, and she LOVES them. Its a little overwhelming and scarey at first, but once you get the hang of it its not so bad.

What specific questions do you have? I'm sure someone here would be happy to help.
    Loved by Kelley
    Nallah (8/6/2006)
    Morgan (5/17/2008)
    Remi (7/3/2010)