puppy food/dog food? I'm confused over what to do

Thread: puppy food/dog food? I'm confused over what to do

Defaultpuppy food/dog food? I'm confused over what to do

Hello everyone! We will be bringing our chocolate lab puppy home next week and I'm still not sure what will be best for her as far as food goes. The breeder has been feeding the pups Black Gold puppy food, and suggests sticking with this puppy food. I have that labs should not even eat puppy food due to there quick growth rate. What is the real deal with this issue? Also I have done research on the Black Gold brand and it seems as though it is of a very good quality but I can't find it anywhere in my area of New Jersey, What other Brands would you recommend?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: puppy food/dog food? I'm confused over what to do

I have fed Flint River Ranch. All natural...no fillers and it is twice baked. The formula is puppy/adult. when he gets older they have a sweet potato and fish you can switch him over to. My shepard of 16 was on it her whole life. UPS will deliver it right to your door. NO shipping charges.

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

I will fed Orijen - Large Breed Puppy to my new guy coming home in about 12 days. There are no fillers in it - a very good food.
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the advice. I will look into all of the brands you guys recommended. My breeder has been feeding the pups Black Gold puppy food. I have been researching it, and the brand seems to be of a high quality, but I can't find it anywhere around here in New Jersey. I like the idea of having it delivered right to the door. I will let you know what we decide.