Hey Fallriver...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Fallriver...

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultHey Fallriver...

There is a thread titled "the other side of raw feeding" in the heatlh/nutrition section. I figured your input and comments would be greatly valued due to your span of knowledge on the topic of raw feeding.
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hey Fallriver...

I'd also be interested to know what you think.

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

After a decade of feeding raw, I've learned when to offer my comments and when not to. You would have a better chance of nailing jello to a tree than asking people to see beyond their fingertips.

I know what I know and it is to the benefit of my dogs. Some people have closed minds and live within the confines of a box shaped world. These are not the people that I waste time and energy with as I've learned that it just riles me and life is too short to get upset over this...as long as my dogs are happy, I'm happy. If they sincerely want to know, then I am there for them, but I am well aware of the strong opinions of a few contributors to that thread and I will not butt heads with them because there is no value in it. Many of them have done their homework and come to a different conclusion...so be it.

I am a clicker trainer who does not use aversives and we are hard to find in competition obedience and hunt tests and we get a lot of resistance, ie the dog needs to be shown that he HAS to do it. This hasn't been my experience, but I don't preach it to anybody (except my students) and I just do it because I know it fits for me and my dogs, and over the years, I have garnered a large following because people see the difference in my dogs and begin to ask questions. I train with some die-hard punishment trainers and they don't preach to me and I don't preach to them. What does happen, is they see my dogs work well and they begin asking questions, a little at a time and gradually and slowly, they change their way of thinking. Maybe not as much or as quickly as I would like, but I am always happy when I see them copy some of the things I do. I like to infiltrate from the inside...quietly do what you do and let the results speak for themselves and they will speak volumes to anyone with an open mind.

It's very hard for people to stretch their boundaries. The more you push, the more they will resist. Just relax and go for a walk your beautiful and healthy dogs and take comfort in the fact that YOU know
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for your input on the matter.
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FallRiver
    You would have a better chance of nailing jello to a tree than asking people to see beyond their fingertips.
    Some people have closed minds and live within the confines of a box shaped world.
    LOL Harsh toke, dude!! Ouch..!! ;D ;D ;D
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Beautiful...exactly why I refrain from having conversations with these people :
    Dana

- Anonymous

It's interesting that when someone has a different opinion, you get this...

You would have a better chance of nailing jello to a tree than asking people to see beyond their fingertips.
    Some people have closed minds and live within the confines of a box shaped world.
    Statements like this don't help anyone :

I, as many kibble feeders, HAVE looked at raw and decided that it wasn't the way to go. Many of us feed what we do for reasons other than the pretty packaging or catchy jingles. Beyond our fingertips are healthy, happy dogs.

Statements like this don't help anyone
    You don't want or need my help, so there is no need for me to offer it.

I did not enter into this conversation on the Health and Nutrition section because I didn't want to stir up a hornet's nest. I've learned over the years to steer clear of this. So, my post was addressed to raw feeders within the confines of a section of the list set aside for raw feeding so please consider the target audience when you read that post.

Raw feeders have to go on a lot of anecdotal evidence because the funds are not there for research and AAFCO does not have our interests at heart. Many people have difficulty relying on anecdotal evidence (as I did as I was an allopathic practitioner), and it is those people that have trouble seeing beyond their fingertips. They want solid evidence and it is not always there...if that is the way they are, we can not change that and I for one do not try.

Although this was on a forum, this thread was between me and Apollopuppy and was within the confines of the Raw Feeding section. She asked my opinion and I gave it...and I am entitled to it. Regardless of what you post here, I won't change my opinion and you won't change yours. I purposely stayed out of the conversation to avoid this crap and am quite annoyed that I need to be dragged into it when I chose to stay in what I assumed was the safe harbour of the Raw Diet and Holistic Care section of the forum where we should be able to freely discuss raw feeding.

Now, if you're looking for a fight you won't get one. I like what I feed my dogs and you like what you feed...I'm not sure what the problem is and I'm not sure what value you are adding by posting here.
    Dana

- Anonymous

am quite annoyed that I need to be dragged into it when I chose to stay in what I assumed was the safe harbour of the Raw Diet and Holistic Care section of the forum where we should be able to freely discuss raw feeding.
    So am I olice:

Anyone interested in information please welcome into this section. However, don't waste your time coming here telling us that what we do is wrong. We do what works for our dogs, you do what works for yours. Many people are completely content feeding their children out of jars, themselves out of boxes and dogs out of bags. I choose to feed myself and my dog differently, BUT ALWAYS stay respectful of others regardless of their choice 8)

Lovemylabs is offline Member

Me three ;D ;D ;D
    I am holistic all the way and love coming here to read the very informative posts. . . Please don't post here unless you are sincerely looking to add to the discussion or want to learn something from our mentors. As Fallriver said, she respectfully stayed out of the discussion on the other thread so you may not get a fight from her here, but the rest of us will surely step up to support her position. ;D
    We appreciate your understanding!

Karen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast