Yogurt question...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yogurt question...

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

DefaultYogurt question...

Fair warning this is really poop related

As a general rule the dogs get a heaping tablespoon of yogurt with every meal. They are fed twice a day, grain free kibble in the morning and prepackaged raw at night. Sunday I noticed the labs poop looked like it was coated in mucus. So I'm wondering if I'm giving them too much yogurt?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Yogurt question...

Sometimes it is a detox sign. I give only one scoop of yogurt a day but I would think if there was a reaction to too much, it would just be runny.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

So the mucus like coating is a sign of detox? which would mean I'm on the right path?

And Freedom has a runny tummy again tonight, so maybe it is too much yogurt

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

It could be detox. I would go maybe back to one spoon of yogurt. Chocolata had also runny p**p and I started feeding one full spoon of canned pumpkin and more green tripe. She does really well on that. Our p**ps are perfect now.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Yes, mucusy stool is a sign of detox. How long have you been feeding raw? Do add a little pumpkin if you're really concerned.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

I've been inching into raw for a couple of months now. But Freedom with his very sensitive tummy has had trouble adjusting. So we've been stuck in a 2 steps forward one step back pattern for the last 3 weeks. I think some of the runny tummy problems have come from him eating the dirt in the garden.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I don't mean to hijack your post. sorry.

Can you give them too much yogurt. I often give ? I often pour some out of the container, and have no idea how much. I am sure he gets a lot more than what you feeding.

He is fine and never had any problems.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

hijack away!

Honey Bear has been fine, and has appropriate poop. other than the few times with the mucus like covering. That seems to be over now, but I did cut the yogurt back slightly. Twinkle my elderly has been on the raw/grain free diet a little longer, but I never noticed her having any problems. She has to get a fair dose of yogurt becasue she needs the enzymes to help her digest appropriately for her kidneys.

Freedom well he's just a sensitive guy and it usually manifests in his tummy. He is doing better on mostly raw other than yesterday's set back. I've cut his yogurt back also, and added pumpkin again. He's going to be a pie someday

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder4evr
    hijack away!

Honey Bear has been fine, and has appropriate poop. other than the few times with the mucus like covering. That seems to be over now, but I did cut the yogurt back slightly. Twinkle my elderly has been on the raw/grain free diet a little longer, but I never noticed her having any problems. She has to get a fair dose of yogurt becasue she needs the enzymes to help her digest appropriately for her kidneys.

Freedom well he's just a sensitive guy and it usually manifests in his tummy. He is doing better on mostly raw other than yesterday's set back. I've cut his yogurt back also, and added pumpkin again. He's going to be a pie someday
    Describe more in detail what do you feed in general :P We might be able to see something what is causing the runny p**p as most of us had that issue one way or the other. - I mean our dogs had that issue ;D ;D

O.K.so about Freedom and his tummy

in general Freedom has always been a sensitive tummy guy. I've only had him for 4 years, and he's about 11. Starting at the 1st of the year I started adding a patty of Nature's Variety prepared raw chicken and turkey formula. Cutting back on the kibble as I did so. Then I started adding the evo a handful at a time. Some days were better than others, but he's always been like that. Last month I thought he was ready to have one meal of the raw prepackaged patty (they are 12 oz ea) and one of the kibble. Since then it's been a bit of a roller coaster. A few days he'll be fine, and then not so much. He's never been sick to the point of having blood or anything but sometimes there's an accident in the house. I thought about switching back to his old kibble but it's made by one of the companies on the recall list, which scares me.

Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast