Raw food myths
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raw food myths

DefaultRaw food myths

My friend works as a massage therapist so she talks to a lot of people. Yesterday, one of her customers told her that dogs on raw food become aggressive : : : I wonder where people get this info ??? ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Raw food myths

Yah that's pretty dumb. Prolly cause people see eating raw food as "savage" (like lions).. heeheehee

Whereas dogs that eat carrots are sweethearts.. like bunnies!! ;D

I won't do it for the disease factor. I think that's a waayy better motivation to avoid raw!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

I'm 57 yrs. old, and can vaguely remember eating raw hamburger, potatoes, apple skins and such with the dog. I even remember what Milkbones taste like. ;D
    But times,, they have changed. We raised and bartered a lot more then for fresh farm raised food stuff.
    Not all "progress" is good? :

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I tasted milkbones too!! pretty darn bland if I remember correctly!! ;D ;D
    Kate
    We're Superdogs!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by riarcher
    I'm 57 yrs. old, and can vaguely remember eating raw hamburger,
    OH MY!!!! SOMEONE ELSE REMEMBERS DOING THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A HOOT!!!! We certainly are not blood thirsty.

The blood thirsty thing has been around for ever. There is a Delta tester in this area that is very loud and verbal saying that. I just let her talk. Shows how ignorant she really is. Stupid.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

But... the dogs that eat veggies are nicer.... aren't they?

I mean.. who couldn't love a veggie eating dog!! But those meat eating ones are shady characters I'm tellin you... ;D ;D ;D :
    Kate
    We're Superdogs!

Quote Originally Posted by CHOCOLATA
    My friend works as a massage therapist so she talks to a lot of people. Yesterday, one of her customers told her that dogs on raw food become aggressive : : : I wonder where people get this info ??? ???
    Yeah, but you get used to it. Once I lost a few fingers, I learned to feed him from a distance. KIDDING!!! As the others have said, there is no truth to this whatsoever, and like you, I wonder where people get it.

Now I know some hunters that are hesitant to feed their dogs the food they hunt (i.e. feed raw duck to Labs that duck hunt), and I can someone understand that. It could foster some confusion, although Jes seems to understand the difference.

My overaggressive, meat-eating Lab just had an adorable incident with my Godson the other week and I wish I had a camera. My Godson is 13 months old and he crawled up on Jes, was pulling his ears (at which point I said "be easy") and he started petting him. Jes turned around and gave him a huge lick (which a Lab's tongue compared to a baby's face isn't fair ) right across the face.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Now I know some hunters that are hesitant to feed their dogs the food they hunt (i.e. feed raw duck to Labs that duck hunt), and I can someone understand that. It could foster some confusion, although Jes seems to understand the difference.
    I have had that concern as well even though I have not really started Caleb on birds yet. Actually I don't feed a lot of duck but I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    My overaggressive, meat-eating Lab just had an adorable incident with my Godson the other week and I wish I had a camera. My Godson is 13 months old and he crawled up on Jes, was pulling his ears (at which point I said "be easy") and he started petting him. Jes turned around and gave him a huge lick (which a Lab's tongue compared to a baby's face isn't fair ) right across the face.
    ;D Vicious Labrador!!! ;D ;D
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Boys Mom

I have had that concern as well even though I have not really started Caleb on birds yet. Actually I don't feed a lot of duck but I guess we'll see.
    I feed duck but not very often, it is quite fatty. Chocolata does not hunt - I wish there was a place near by where she could. She would love it.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Oh dear.I knew there was a reason why Ernie destuffed and pulled heads off toys. Its the raw diet he's on.
    Where do people get this stuff. I was told black labs don't get fleas. Probably cause you can't see them.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast