Fallriver...can you help me, pretty please? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fallriver...can you help me, pretty please?

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Fallriver...can you help me, pretty please?

;D-I always like a good rant, especially when it comes from someone who knows what their talking about!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TheLimpShrimp is offline Senior Member

Fallriver... do you reccomend NO vaccines? Do you yourself use them at all? I've been debating whether I should get Macadamia parvo and distemper shots at six months and then leave it at that. I would like to forego vaccinations altogether, but wondered if it might be best to vaccinate against the more common deadly diseases like parvo/distemper.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FallRiver
    Oh yeah do you find that people really dont understand this, sort of like not vaccinating kids?
    I can't believe the number of vaccinations children have to endure nowadays....isn't is over twenty now? And vaccinating for things like the measles and the mumps...it makes my head spin. How on earth does the risk of the measles outweigh the risk of autism ??? : ???
    Young girls in Texas are already dying from the Papillomavirus vaccines that the school board requires them to take.
    No wonder all these poor kids spend half their time walking around looking for peanut free snacks and the other half struggling with homework or social skills because they have ADHD or some similar problem. It's really frightening that the risks are not divulged to the parents and even more frightening that these vaccines are mandatory. >
    How's that for a rant
    Dana, I do so agree!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

I wish I could find the reference for it, but can't..dooohhh :-\

Anyway,,,, I read somewhere that in Sweden and Japan it is illegal to vaccinate people with any vaccine that contains more than ONE valent; no polyvalent/combination vaccines allowed for the kids there. Wonder what they have figured out that we (North Americans) have not. ???

Ok, back to the topic....

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

Yes, you are correct about Sweden and Japan. Just look at all the problems that men and women in our militia are having these days compared to before and a big part of that is the enormous number of vaccinations they are required to take.
    The Swiss distemper outbreak was caused by a multivalent vaccine. For years, the swiss dog owners were only vaccinating with distemper, until the parvo hype got to them and they decided they should vaccinate for that too. Once they did, dogs began getting distemper at an alarming rate and there was a huge outbreak. The only difference was the polyvalent vax. When your body tries to fight more than one virus at a time or if it is in a weakened state when vaccinated, even with a single vaccine, it is quite easy for the virus to take hold and for the dog to actually get the disease we were trying to prevent.
    This happens time and time again when vaccinating puppies for parvo.
    Not only are we fighting maternal antibodies, but puppies go through a very stressful period in the middle of their puppy vaccination schedule. In addition to being vaccinated for several diseases, every two to four weeks, our puppies endure a change of home and possibly travel to get there, loss of their pack, and a change of diet. Everybody knows it is dangerous to vaccinate a stressed animal, but here we see it time and time again.
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

I can't believe the number of vaccinations children have to endure nowadays....isn't is over twenty now?
    This is where being from a post communist country becomes handy. Since we did not have all these fun vaccinations available, we did not get many. I had all the "kids" diseases (chicken pox, measles, etc.) and I turned out just fine. Now, it makes sense to me what you say about immunity. We were told that after you have the illness once you could not get it anymore. I know that once you had the illness you were fine around kids that had it. Chicken pox - stinked, but that is ok:-) I guess we were not that behind, we were actually ahead ;D ;D

Absolutely! Now countries with very poor sanitation are another matter, but a little exposure to some dirt and disease goes a long way in kids and puppies ;D
    Dana

- Anonymous

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Absolutely! Now countries with very poor sanitation are another matter, but a little exposure to some dirt and disease goes a long way in kids and puppies ;D
    How many kids actually eat dirt?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

How many kids actually eat dirt?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kids in rural areas that spend any time outdoors actually do inadvertently ingest some dirt now and then: making mud pies, playing in puddles, falling down, hugging the dirty farm/yard dog, petting the horses/calves/whatever, getting a 'dirty' tail whaped across their face and grit/dirt/manure dust blown by the wind.

My hubby and I just sit in wonder when the TV news reports that some kids have gotten 'sick' after being at a petting zoo!! Have they been raised in a germ free bubble? In our experience we know of no farm kids who ever got 'sick' from petting baby livestock - their own, someone else's, or at the fair; maybe because they were raised with those germs. Or maybe some immunity could have been acquired very early through nursing an immune mom who had plenty of wet cow tails swat her in the face.

I can remember eating 'wild' apples too - no washing of hands or apple - just polish it a bit on your shirt front (and how clean was that shirt front) and start munching......
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

Exactly
    Yep, its called NATURAL IMMUNITY. Isn't the body a wonderful thing when left alone to do it's job 8)
    Dana

- Anonymous

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast