EVO feeders

Thread: EVO feeders

DefaultEVO feeders

For those that feed EVO exclusively (not as a supplement for a raw diet). What are your feelings on the high protein/fat content; especially the fat. My vet was concerned and mentioned pancreatitis due to the high fat content. When I read on the package, it's forumlated mostly as a replacement for raw feeders when traveling, pregnant dogs, highly active dogs. I was trying Dutch on it; he did fine, but as a "house dog", I felt the protein/fat was too high for him. Your thoughts ................

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: EVO feeders

I have a friend who has a mini Doxie--"just a house dog" that is on it and doing well. I have a number of people who have their pets on it. Most vets I run into don't suggest any of the more natural foods. There is one vet in my area that recommends Innova but as far as I know he's the only one I have heard of. Many holistic vets recommend Evo.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Thanks, Susan. I'd really like to keep him on that or SG Barking at the Moon; maybe the fish one. I gave the Canidae a try and he's been drinking too much water on it...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

My vet suggested EVO over Barking at the Moon because of Auggie's age (11);
    he said the high protein was good for older dogs and those living with cancer, also that poultry protein was more easy to digest for older dogs rather than beef. *Oct4,'06, spleen removed & tumor removed from left lobe of liver*

He did not have a comment on the high fat, in fact he said I should give her fish oil. I did not like the changes in her coat on the fish oil so I cut that supplement to just once a day and gave her flax oil again too at the other meal. I could see and feel a difference in Auggie's coat in about 3 days. So now she has flax oil AM and fish oil PM. I know this does not answer the concerns about high fat content; but I don't know the answer.

Considering her age, living with hepatocellular carcinoma, on a high fat/high protein diet she has had no vomiting and no loose stool. *knock on wood*
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

I'm glad it's working for her; I know we talked about this before. I know for dogs with cancer, no grains is the only way to go! Thanks....I'm highly considering it for him or going back to homecooking. Except I've gotten lazy over the years!!

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

I asked about the protein content, too, when I first starting feeding it to my "house dogs." Here is a link: https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,27712.0.html

All three of my labs (ages 3, 4, and 6) love it and are doing well.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!