Does anyone know any suppliers near Bucks County PA?

Thread: Does anyone know any suppliers near Bucks County PA?

DefaultDoes anyone know any suppliers near Bucks County PA?

And also..what is the approx cost of feeding RAW per week?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Does anyone know any suppliers near Bucks County PA?

Well, that depends on how big and how active is your dog. Our dog eats little less than 1lb of meat per day - otherwise she packs on weight : You don't necessarily have to buy raw food from a supplier. I personally buy at the butcher, and it costs us less. Check www.bravorawdiet.com, www.naturesvariety.com, www.hare-today.com. I spend on average $10-20/week. I buy some meats that are cheaper (chicken backs, meaty bones, etc.) and than others are a little bit more. I save a lot of money by wrapping and freezing it myself.

I really want to use BRAVO only as a supplement or when we are away and someone else needs to feed them.

We have the freezer... I want to buy the meat and don't know where to go to get the best price and quality of meat.

So, I guess I really want to know where to go to buy the meat? is grocery store ok for some stuff? or are there places I can do better?

I had heard of coops in some areas of RAW feeders who buy in bulk. And was hoping to get lucky and find one of them closeby.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Have you told Laura you want to feed raw?! I didn't think she really like that, but I think they would both do well on it. I get a lot of my stuff from a company outside of Erie, PA. So, since I don't know where Bucks county is................. Have you been reading the posts here? I have had Caleb on raw for almost 4 years now and love it. I find it is probably a little less than dog food, but when I do feed dog food I feed Evo Red Meat and that is not a cheap dog food!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Quote Originally Posted by CHOCOLATA

Just buy meat that is safe for human consumption. My husband made friends with the guys at the butchers, so we get our meaty bones and different scraps for freeee. Otherwise, I go to poultry farm that sells antibiotics and hormone free meat.
    Forgot about that part! : I buy meat at the store--looking for stuff that is vegetarian raised (the chicken and beef) and antibiotic and hormone free. Most dog food companies don't do that. Few do, but not many. I live near Gerber chicken farms so their chicken is readably avaliable and cheap for me. To add variety I order stuff from Hare Today.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

P&A Pet Foods in Doylestown PA has raw prepackaged food. Food is in the freezer by the door. If you haven't been to P&A before it's near the new Altemonte's Italian Market - feel free to PM me if you need directions or anything, it's right by my house

Also I think a specialty pet store in Newton Square has some too. I can't remember the name, but it's something about Dogs Rule - there are radio commercials for it.

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

The pre-packaged raw can get expensive. I feed it for one meal out of the week. Two nights a week I feed fish. One night I feed organ meat (hearts and gizzards are Magnum's favorites, and very inexpensive at the grocery store).

The remaining three nights of the week I buy food at the grocery store when the meat is dated on the last day it can be sold... my local grocery store marks it WAY down. I got some really nice looking steaks today (2 in a package over a pound) for $2.09. That's a dollar a steak!)

Yes, in the long run it cost more to feed raw, but I enjoy doing it. I feed Innova Kibble in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by raian

The remaining three nights of the week I buy food at the grocery store when the meat is dated on the last day it can be sold... my local grocery store marks it WAY down. I got some really nice looking steaks today (2 in a package over a pound) for $2.09. That's a dollar a steak!)
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you and Mom didn't eat it?! ;D ;D
    Susan

www.labmed.org

hark67 is offline Senior Member

Hey Susan!
    I am so excited you are thinking of raw. I am giving it thought too(even though I don't even have my puppy yet!) Don't know of any suppliers in the area so I am no help!

Have seen Bravo at the Dogs and Cats Rule in Pennington(I am sure they have it in Newtown too).

Yellojakesmom, I've been to P & A before. Good to know they carry it too. Love that new Italian shop!!

Missing you, my friend.
    Huckle 1/9/1992 - 4/25/2006

"It's a different world I see, when it's just my dog and me" ~ John Hiatt