computations of amounts? another ?

Thread: computations of amounts? another ?

Defaultcomputations of amounts? another ?

According to the BARF site formula..if Dakota weighs 25lbs..he only gets 8 ounces of food a day..does that sound right??? It doesn't sound like enough to me.
    Jackie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: computations of amounts? another ?

How old is he? It is the percentage of the amount that he is suppose to weigh. At least that is what I do and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by CenTexLabs
    How old is he? It is the percentage of the amount that he is suppose to weigh. At least that is what I do and it works.
    Ahhhhhhhhh..I see..Dakota is 13 weeks old! So..I would figure about 70#'s, that is what his father weighed!?
    Jackie (thank you)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yes, I would say 70 pounds is a good starting point. If you find that he is getting too chubby, then back off a little. If he is too skinny, then add a little.

Just the reverse for an adult dog who is overweight. I have a Blue Heeler who is 65 pounds. Her ideal weight is 55 pounds. I feed her 2% of her 55 pound ideal weight, and she is losing.

Thank you! I am still having a bit of a hard time feeding raw..but I'm sure it will feel better to me as time goes by. I do believe Dakota is not the least bit worried about it..LOL He's loving it!
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by CenTexLabs
    Yes, I would say 70 pounds is a good starting point. If you find that he is getting too chubby, then back off a little. If he is too skinny, then add a little.

Just the reverse for an adult dog who is overweight. I have a Blue Heeler who is 65 pounds. Her ideal weight is 55 pounds. I feed her 2% of her 55 pound ideal weight, and she is losing.