Where to feed raw meaty MESSY bones??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to feed raw meaty MESSY bones??

DefaultWhere to feed raw meaty MESSY bones??

Hi..I need suggestions for where to feed my Dakota raw meaty messy bones..I have two dogs..Dakota 13 weeks old..and a 13 year old Akita-Shephard mix, who does NOT like sharing food. So I need to feed them separately and yet not worry about a messy greasy mess on my rugs/floor. I was thinking of trying to train them on rag rugs I keep for my birds..and then pick them up after they're finished..is this workable? Any other suggestions??? TIA!!!
    Jackie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Where to feed raw meaty MESSY bones??

I know some of us feed raw bones in their crates, Henery knows that if he's going to get his raw bone, he has to keep it on his towel (on the tile floor). Then I can just throw the towel in the wash with hot water and bleach!

Can't wait until the summer, when he can enjoy them OUTSIDE!

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I feed them outside providing the weather is ok. That is only for messy stuff -- a big rack of ribs for example. For smaller bits (necks, wings, etc.) they can be fed inside in their regular bowls. When feeding them outdoors is not possible, I do exactly what henrysmom does.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

i feed in the crate in nice weather i plan to feed outside on the deck. i have heard some raw feeders say they feed on a plastic table cloth or shower curtain or in a right in a shower stall!

I either feed them on a hard floor that can be wiped clean or in his crate. Once he gets rid of the juicy stuff and he's down to just the bone, I'll let him have it where ever he likes. I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but it sure keeps him quite when I'm watching TV or on the computer.

Thanks to all who answered my question! I appreciate the feedback!
    Jackie

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

I use the washable scatter rugs. It took a bit for them to learn that was where they could eat them. Now they're pretty good about it.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

That's my plan too. Rag rugs are a GOOD thing!! LOL
    Thanks.. Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by labs4life
    I use the washable scatter rugs. It took a bit for them to learn that was where they could eat them. Now they're pretty good about it.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I feed outside on the pavement in the Summer. I then wash it after Ens has got past the icky stage.

In the Winter I will use the under covered deck or a big sheet that I chuck into the wash after.

I got an old sheet and folded it in half over an old shower curtain. Then the stuff doesn't get onto the floor. Erns knows this is his bone mat.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Thanks Kassabella, I fed him today on our deck..although he promptly took it down to the yard.
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by kassabella
    I feed outside on the pavement in the Summer. I then wash it after Ens has got past the icky stage.

In the Winter I will use the under covered deck or a big sheet that I chuck into the wash after.

I got an old sheet and folded it in half over an old shower curtain. Then the stuff doesn't get onto the floor. Erns knows this is his bone mat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast