garlic for fleas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: garlic for fleas

Defaultgarlic for fleas

i read somewhere today that garlic is a natural flea repelent-is this true?if it is does the garlic have to be fresh or will garlic powder or paste do the same job?

oh just another little question.i found some turkey in the freezer this morning,but it has abit of freezer burn.is it still ok to cook it up and give to bruno or should i just throw it stright in the bin?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kjustiss Guest

DefaultRe: garlic for fleas

I heard that years ago and gave it to my dog in a pill form.

id never heared it before and was just wondering

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I heard this too. I still give flea treatment.

I would feed the turkey to the dog. Seems a waste to throw it away.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

lunamus is offline Senior Member

Luna has garlic in her veggiemix and have been getting garlic for almost 3 years now.. We have had no fleas in this time.. On Luna.. My friend's dog, Bella, had fleas while we dogsat her.. But they never jumped on Luna..
    Jeanette and Luna. Sleep tight Oliver, our little kitty, thank you for 15 great years

I have heard that as well. However, I have been unable to find studies backing that up, and my vet told me it was a wives' tale. So I stick with Frontline Plus

Bruno won't mind the freezer burn at all, and save yourself some time feed the turkey raw! ;D As far as the garlic i don't know!

thanks for all the advice ;D.i'll give the garlic a try i think,even if it doesnt help keep fleas away bruno might like the taste

Not to hijack your thread, but I heard recently that neem oil is a great flea and tick repellant, a lady on another forum I belong to posted that she mixes it in with shampoo for bathing, she also makes a doggy spray and a lawn spray out of it. Does anyone know anything about the safety and efficacy of using neem oil for pest prevention?

And back on subject, I've wondered about the use of garlic too. I'm certainly willing to try it as long as its safe. And I was thinking that the brewers yeast tablets with garlic that I see at the pet store might be good. It seems to be in widespread use, but every once in a while, I see people warn that garlic is dangerous and should never be given to a dog or cat. I'm guessing that moderation is the key ... any thoughts?

ive never heard of neem oil (maybe its called something different in the uk-i'll google it later ;D ).i have also been told that it could be harmful to dogs and cats (but the sause was not that reliable)thats why i asked here-if anyone knows these guys do ;D .for those of you that do give garlic to your little bundles of joy-how much do you give and how often?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast