Just Labradors banner

Okay, we are in a routine now....

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  loriwolfelabluv 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else is pretty routine with their RAW feedings.

My dogs get Innova Evo kibble for breakfast each day. 1 cup.

Night time is RAW time.

Monday night is Venison.
Tuesday night is Chicken.
Wednesday night is Jack Mackeral.
Thursday night is Beef.
Friday night is Pork or Lamb.
Saturday night is Chicken
Sunday night is Sardines.

I usually add Green Beans and cottage cheese or yogurt to the RAW meat.

My dogs are really loving this :)

#4 ·
We also have a routine altho I haven't had the nerve to venture out much yet. Sam gets his TWO kibble in the morning, and then more of it plus raw ground venison at night. When my venison runs out I'm going to begin trying some other things. He also gets sardines occasionally, and raw eggs. Green beans as filler.

Frances

#6 ·
I have no routine. I get what ever meat is on special.

I don't normally feed kibble, but as my asthma is playing up I have been lazy so he has been getting it.

#7 ·
I have no routine but i do totally feed my pup raw, right now he gets 1/2 to 2/3 of a lbs of raw 3 times per day. i am weighing his food as i think i was feeding too much per feed at the beginning of this 'raw' learning experience! I also switched him to 3 meals per day instead of 2 as he was having runny poo, 3 smaller meals seems to be working. Gus's staples are:Smallish whole fryer chickens cut into quarters is usually breakfast, lunch usually is a chicken back and enough meat (either pork picnic, beef heart, chuck steak, gizzards, or whatever is a reasonable price on shopping day) supper sometimes is fresh frozen mackeral or sardines, egg, or a repeat of lunch or breakfast! i give him very small amounts of liver or kidney in with his meal once or twice a day. for snacks or if i need a break he enjoys chewing oxtail and plenty of cooked liver treats for training! i find that i am still really watching his poo if it is too soft i increase bone content the next meal. He's never been constipated so i haven't had to adjust the amount of meat. He weighed in at 32lbs on thursday at 14 & a 1/2 weeks and he's on the lean side. i am finding it challenging to feed raw, (rewarding also) at times finding the right stuff at reasonable prices and storage issues, i have to shop at least every 2 weeks as i don't have a large freezer so it is a bit more time consuming. I want to find some wild game and rabbits but haven't yet. How about you? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.