Changed To Holistic

Thread: Changed To Holistic

DefaultChanged To Holistic

After learning what regular brand dog food has in it, i changed to solid gold a premium holistic food. I pay around $45 for a 20 pond bag. A big jump in price but i don't care!
    The adjustment has made kipp have runny poop, how long will this continue?
    I'm concerned about him. anyone else having similar problems, I'd like to know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Changed To Holistic

whats the protein source(s) in the food and has he had that source(s) before? how long has it been happening, how long has he been on that food?Is he still happy otherwise?

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Depending on what you were feeding before, she could be 'detoxing'. Although a detox most frequently occurs when you switch from kibble to raw, it can also happen with low quality to a high quality kibble. I would give it a few weeks and then review the situation.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I do agree, it could be a detox or I would double check on the protein sources. Example--Caleb cannot tolerate pork at all! Also, though he does well on the Evo red meat, the original Evo with more turkey in it gives him a looser stool cause he cannot handler a lot of turkey. So, it can be one or the other. I do agree, also, in seeing how Kipp is doing in a couple of weeks.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Quote Originally Posted by loriwolfelabluv
    whats the protein source(s) in the food and has he had that source(s) before? how long has it been happening, how long has he been on that food?Is he still happy otherwise?
    According to the ingredients he was getting a low protien food, he's been on the old stuff for no more a month, i just now changed him. It's been four days now. Oh, kipp has been his regular happy playful self, thanks for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    Depending on what you were feeding before, she could be 'detoxing'. Although a detox most frequently occurs when you switch from kibble to raw, it can also happen with low quality to a high quality kibble. I would give it a few weeks and then review the situation.
    This morning his stools looked alot better, more solid.

You could be feeding too much too Solid Gold is a much richer food than most store brands so you don't need to feed as much.

Isn't it funny how everything it just about the p... : I hope your pooch does better soon.