POOP - too hard?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POOP - too hard?

DefaultPOOP - too hard?

In the past few days we have been experiencing p... that is almost as hard as stone. Do you have any tips as to what to add to her diet to make it a little softer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: POOP - too hard?

I have the same problem, but I that is telling me that I am giving a little too much bone. I add some more liver to the mix, and things usually soften up.

I am having hard time adding the organs. Few times I probably did too much, and she vomitted. Do you mash the liver? Let's say I am feeding total 1 lb / day (we do no kibble, and we are trying to loose a few Christmas pounds). How much of that will you do organs? I also do some veggies, and few supplements. I felt so bad for her this morning - it looked like she was giving birth :

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

How much does she weigh?

I feel my heeler about a pound to a pound and a quarter. She should weigh 55 pounds, but she is weighing 65 now. I feed a little under a pound of chicken necks, turkey necks, leg quarters, etc, and then just finish off with liver. I really don't measure often, unless I really need to watch the intake.

decrease the bone and up the meat. (80% meat, 10% bone, 10% organ) i would give a bit extra organ today to loosen things up. good luck

My vet told me to add 1 tsp. of veggie oil 3 x a week to a Bandit's food. It works really well. (I give it to him in his dinner just incase he has to go more than one and I am home, that happens sometimes)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayte85
    My vet told me to add 1 tsp. of veggie oil 3 x a week to a Bandit's food. It works really well. (I give it to him in his dinner just incase he has to go more than one and I am home, that happens sometimes)
    What kind of veggie oil?

Quote Originally Posted by CenTexLabs
    How much does she weigh?
    She weighs 72 lbs. She weighed 62 when we adopted her in the summer. She filled up some, but probably has 5-7 lbs extra.

Dang. Bo and Luke are between 75 and 80 and I can't keep the weight on them at 2 - 2.5 pounds a day.

Quote Originally Posted by CHOCOLATA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayte85
    What kind of veggie oil?
    Doesn't matter! I just use what I have. Any brand is fine. Just make sure it's vegetable oil and NOT canola oil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast