An Almost Perfect Sunday!

Thread: An Almost Perfect Sunday!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultAn Almost Perfect Sunday!

After a wonderful service at our church this morning, and making dinner for Lew, I began to experiement with my bread machine dog treat recipe. Ever since Caleb was diagnosed with his wheat and corn allergies I have not made my homemade training treats for him. Well, I think they worked. I have had a wonderful afternoon of baking treats for Caleb. I substituted old fashion oats for the flour and salmon for the liver. They just came out of the oven but I'm sure he'll enjoy them!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: An Almost Perfect Sunday!

Oh, I'm interested in your recipe! I like to make all Cassie's treats so I can be sure of the ingredients. My latest is using a dehydrator to dry out thinly sliced strips of chicken breast. Takes about 24 hours of drying but they come out just like the VERY expensive ones you buy in the store. Please may I have your recipe? TIA

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: An Almost Perfect Sunday!

Sure, it's on our website but I altered it a bit. Instead of wheat flour I used all oat meal, no bran, salmon instead of the liver and added some Parmesan cheese. www.lejenkins.com nd then go in under "Labs" thumbnail and the recipe is at the botton. Caleb loves them! I had to experiement since he cannot have wheat but I was surprised they came out as well as they did. Oh, I also made some oat flour to use when I rolled them out and cut them.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org