Innova Evo, anyone feed it?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Innova Evo, anyone feed it?

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultInnova Evo, anyone feed it?

I'm feeding raw once a day, and now want to switch them to a better kibble. I picked up a bag of Innova Evo, which has no grain and appears to be a good idea for dogs on Raw. Just wondering if anyone has fed it and what you think. According to the package a dog 70 - 80 lbs would get 2 cups a day. That's one cup in the morning. Doesn't sound like very much to me, but that is about how much of the regular kibble I give them.

I also have a coupon for a free bag of the Nature's Variety kibble, but I left the coupon at home this morning, so got the Innova as it was a dollar cheaper

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: Innova Evo, anyone feed it?

I believe Dani feeds it ... and Momma to J & A, too. I don't think you are supposed to feed much because it's pretty "concentrated" food. Let us know how it goes over w/ your furkids!

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

Linda, Lucy has been on it for about a year now except for a brief switch this summer to California Natural Chicken, which gunked up her ears and gave her terrible gas. I immediately switched back.
    Love it. Clean ears, no gas, small stools. Lucy is pretty active, but I don't think quite as active as your 2. She gets 7/8 of a cup 2x a day. I do have to watch her weight on it in the summer when she is the least active.
    Dani feeds it to Rider too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info. I want to finish up the bag of Lamb and Rice I have, but then we will be totally raw/organic.

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

Yup, I feed it. We have been on it for two months now, I think. It is true that a cup per meal doesn't look like much, and the dogs inhale it like we are starving them! But, their weights are right where they should be (Jacob @ 80 lbs, Aly @ 79 lbs and Tatum @ 60 lbs) and they aren't showing other signs of being hungry (tummy rumbling, throwing up bile). They all really love the food, and Jacob's ears have cleared up quite a bit, to boot.

The size of J/A/T's stools have shrunk tremendously. They now have tiny little neat, firm poops that are extremely easy to pick up. ;D
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Linda, I feed Caleb the Evo Red Meat formula when I travel for periods of time, like when we went to Hilton Head. He loves it and does well on it. He does not do as well on turkey products so I don't usually use the original formula. The Red Meat has been out for almost a year now and like I said, Caleb does well on that.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Susan, I did not see the Red Meat formula. This one is chicken and turkey. I really don't think it was the turkey. Ruger definitely gurked up pieces of bone. Magnum threw up some bile. She had a VERY hard day that day and honestly I think the girl was plumb exhausted (we hiked over five miles that day).

I'll give this a try and see how it goes before I decide. But thank you for the information.

Please let me know about the tripe and how much it is. A friend of mine would like a couple of cans as well for her sick Basenji.

Thanks.

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

Linda - I feed it to both mine too - the allergy boy does great on it (1st food ever!) and the easy keeper does great too. Both are at 1 cup 2x daily - and at correct weight/coat/etc.

I have seen the EVO RM but can't go that route w/allergy boy! Try it - they'll love it - a friends finicky border collie - who will not eat if not at home - will ALWAYS eat at my house or boat because this is what I feed...even tho it's not his normal!

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

I switched Auggie to EVO on the advice of my vet who said that chicken and turkey are more easily digested by older dogs than beef.

Previously Auggie (11y.o.) had been on Barking at the Moon.

She seems to be handling the EVO very well considering her diagnosis of hepatocelllular carcinoma. But that is a day to day thing and every day is a blessing.

I feed a rounded 3/4 cup am and pm with at least a 1/3 cup of leftovers - stew, chili, meatloaf, leftover veggies, or if I'm out of leftovers I scramble her an egg.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

Dani is offline Senior Member

Yuppers Linda, I feed it to Rider and I love it. I switched briefly to regular Innova for a bit while he isn't as active in the winter, but I didn't like how his coat was looking. So he's back on EVO and we are being purposeful to get out and get lots of exercise. His ears are great, stools firm and usually I have no issues with dander. He only gets 1c. twice a day and he is fine with that. I don't feed the RM either...I feed the original silver bag with the green lettering.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast