Feeding Raw: Meat Sources?

Thread: Feeding Raw: Meat Sources?

DefaultFeeding Raw: Meat Sources?

I decided when I get my dog and get my cat that I wanted to feed raw and kibble. Because I won't always be home to feed two raw meals a day. Anyway, I wanted to know if it was okay to feed limited meat soucres like Chicken, Beef, Lamb, Fish, Rabbit, and Pork? I know people who buy elk, deer, etc for their dogs and other pets (like cats). But, here in FL meat is expensive in my area. So is it okay to feed these main meat soucres and feed muslce meat, bones, etc?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Feeding Raw: Meat Sources?

Sure, I used deer almost exclusively after I shot one earlier in the year. The rest of the year, I mainly use chicken, fish, and beef. They all have a good amino acid profile, and with you feeding a kibble as well, I think you'll be fine.

That's good, I have a BIL that deer hunts. I may do a special rotate for certain hunting seasons like duck season, deer season, etc.

I have a butcher that have meat plans, so this will work out. Thanks Nick!

Will cats do okay on a raw and dry food diet?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Matsuro
    That's good, I have a BIL that deer hunts. I may do a special rotate for certain hunting seasons like duck season, deer season, etc.

I have a butcher that have meat plans, so this will work out. Thanks Nick!

Will cats do okay on a raw and dry food diet?
    A cat over 6 months of age or so may be hard to convert to raw. But you can certainly try!

Well the kitten will be two/three months old by the time I get him. The breeder lets the kittens go home by three months so they can litter train the kitten I guess and make sure nothing is wrong.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

One reason I decided to try RAW is because my barn cats are always killing and eating stuff, with no ill-effects. And they are always very healthy cats as well.

I realize they eat the bones... and don't choke or die from it.

So my dogs are enjoying RAW now too... but I don't let them go out and actually kill stuff

What meat sources shouldn't a cat eat though? And how do you get them started as kittens? The kitten will have dry food also, so they will eat raw at night time. I want to go to school in the morning and work in the after noon and be home by at least 10pm. Is it too late to have them eating the raw? I could get someone to come in the evenings when I'm not home.

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    So my dogs are enjoying RAW now too... but I don't let them go out and actually kill stuff
    Which would defintely be cheaper and easier for you :P