new puppy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new puppy

DefaultRe: new puppy

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    I'm on the fence with raw feeding pups. My Murph was raw fed as a pup, however his breeder has been 'in the business' and feeding raw for almost 40 years so I trust her. She provided us with very detailed diet sheets and feeding instructions. After almost 4 years, I can't say Murph has been negatively effected by being fed raw for the first 6 months of life.

That said, I would not go into feeding raw a pup without any guidance. I would not be confident enough to do it for the reasons Nick stated.
    Where did you purchase your puppy? We are thinking to get a puppy, and I would like to get it from someone who feeds raw to the parents.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I'm in the UK, so my breeder is not much use to you.

However, I am sure you can find a raw feeding breeder in the USA. I bet there are plenty of them.

I did not know. That is cool. I am actually from the Czech Republic, and lived in the UK 3 summers while in school. I was in Suffolk - I loved it. I am considering to move there, if I move back to EU.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Cool. I like Suffolk...we have family around that area. I'm not too far from there myself.

I take it you are in the US, then? I'm trying to think of where you could find a raw feeding breeder but I am drawing a blank. The US raw feeders could probably help.

hi Chocolata
    My pup came from trailrunners in Saskatchewan, Canada. You should check out her website, maybe she could help you in your search. Her website is www.trailrunners.ca Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by loriwolfelabluv
    hi Chocolata
    My pup came from trailrunners in Saskatchewan, Canada. You should check out her website, maybe she could help you in your search. Her website is www.trailrunners.ca Good luck
    Hi Loriwolfelabluv, I would definitely do that - I like your chocolate - it is very cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    Cool. I like Suffolk...we have family around that area. I'm not too far from there myself.

I take it you are in the US, then? I'm trying to think of where you could find a raw feeding breeder but I am drawing a blank. The US raw feeders could probably help.
    Thanks! Yes, we are in the US - in Chicago. That is cool that you live close to Suffolk - I really liked it there. The only thing was - I had a really hard time finding friends. My best friend was Bethoven - golden retriever that the family I lived with owned. My English was not great back then, and that area was mostly wealthier families. I was there as an au-pair.
    I am not in a rush to get a puppy, I just started thinking about it. I actually volunteer for a rescue, so I feel like commiting a crime - when I am even thinking about getting a brand new puppy. I have access to all kinds of labs mostly from 6 months; however, after Chocolata had her mast cell tumor (she is adopted) I feel like I want to know where is the dog coming from, and that the parents were well taken care of. You know in the US (no offense to anyone) many people don't worry about what they are eating themselves. So, why would they worry what their pets eat? Feeding dogs out of the bag is just so typical for the US "drive through, make it simple and fast, because we are so busy" culture.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

More and more breeders are actually weaning to raw. Daybreak Australian Shepherds is one. I know of a Belgian breeder and some Lab breeders as well.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Boys Mom
    More and more breeders are actually weaning to raw. Daybreak Australian Shepherds is one. I know of a Belgian breeder and some Lab breeders as well.
    Do you know specifically of any Lab breeders? I have spoken to a few. Their puppies are approx. $1500 - they come from excellent line. This seems quite a lot to me - is this regular price for puppy from great bloodline? I would have to hide the cost from my husband olice:

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CHOCOLATA

Do you know specifically of any Lab breeders? I have spoken to a few. Their puppies are approx. $1500 - they come from excellent line. This seems quite a lot to me - is this regular price for puppy from great bloodline? I would have to hide the cost from my husband olice:
    That depends on the area. There is a breeder in Ontario somewhere and something like Spiritwind in California. Let me see what I can find out.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12