I'm Getting The Hang Of It

Thread: I'm Getting The Hang Of It

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultI'm Getting The Hang Of It

This RAW stuff is fun. I got some good deals today at the Food Lion. Chicken Wings, split pig hocks, hearts and gizzards, and some cans of Jack Mackral. I also remembered to pick up some cottage cheese. I keep forgetting it.

Dogs had a lovely dinner of chicken breast, tripe, and cottage cheese tonight. Tomorrow is Venison patties and Turkey Necks.

I'm still only feeding one RAW meal a day, but if this keeps up I can foresee dropping the kibble altogether. I just have to get more comfortable with it and see how much I spend, etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: I'm Getting The Hang Of It

It is, isn't it. Jes does really well on Eagle Pack, so I don't feed raw for any health reasons...I just think it's fun. I don't know if I'll ever go back 100% raw when I'm finally done with school and have my own place or not. Right now, the morning kibble and evening raw is working out well. I also like it because it keeps him used to kibble so when I'm out of time I don't have to worry about other people feeding him - anyone can scoop out kibble.

I agree. I have fun coming up with new meals for Larry, and for some odd reason I really enjoy watching him crunch away on whatever raw meaty bone we happen to feed him at night.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

We just got the freezer last night.. Today we went to Jewel where they had Christmas turkey for $0.99/lb, we bought three turkeys, and my husband and I spent quite a few hours cutting it and freezing it. We are officially starting :-* Chocolata loves it. :P

[attachment deleted by admin]

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I am also in the "I think it is fun" crowd. My friends and family think I am nuts.

I love watching my dogs chow down on raw bones. ;D

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    I am also in the "I think it is fun" crowd. My friends and family think I am nuts.

Oh, my, so do mine!!! Except I do have one friend who does the prey stuff and they think she's further off than me!!! ;D ;D ;D

Linda, Lew and I so agree that we cannot imagine feeding kibble on a full-time basis again.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

[/quote]

Linda, Lew and I so agree that we cannot imagine feeding kibble on a full-time basis again.

[/quote]

I can't either. I can't imagine picking up and carrying around the steaming ..... Plus Chocolata loves her food much more, and has a lot more energy.

I'll bet they eat like lions at the zoo.... ;D