Vomit

Thread: Vomit

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultVomit

Okay, I'm just wondering. How gross is this if your dog get's sick. I'm used to cleaning up thrown up kibble. It's not too bad. I can't imagine cleaning up vomited hearts and gizzards or other raw stuff. YUCK.

Not that my dogs are sick... it's just something I think about everytime I feed them

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Vomit

It's pretty nasty, I won't lie. It took me a few tries to realize that Jes tends to barf up chicken backs and wings if they're right out of the fridge. I have to let them warm up just a bit (I used to throw them in a skillet for a few seconds on each side). Over time, though, he's gotten better and it doesn't seem to bother him anymore. I'm not sure which is gross, cleaning up the aftermath or watching them eat it again. :-X

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I was afraid it would be totally gross. Thankfully nobody here has been sick, and I hope they never are

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I can't say I have experienced raw vomit yet, but I have experienced "got into the trash and barfed up the results" vomit more times than I care to remember. I don't even want to go into what Maisy barfed up on my living room last time it happened.

It's not that it's messy, but just real slimey. Any time Jes has puked, the stuff has still been whole, but it just doesn't smell or feel nice. Luckily, since most of it's water, it passes through pretty quick, so if they vomit it seems like it's shortly after eating. Otherwise it's bile or they don't puke. I'm not sure if that's normal, or just how Jes is.

Riley has puked up raw a couple times, and it is usually whole and slimey. But he slurps it right back up if Oreo doesn't beat him to it.
    One time Oreo puked up some raw salmon and that was very gross to clean up.
    In four years of feeding them raw, it really hasn't happened very often though.

Same here she has only barfed up twice in the 15 months she has been on raw. Both times she recycled it herself. Wolves and dogs in the wild do recylce this way pretty often it is also how the moms start feeding the young pups. they just carry the prey back home in their stomachs and barf it up for the young ones..EWWW!!

Kelly and Amber

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Caleb has one thrown up once or twice and it was not as nasty as the smell of thrown up kibble, in my opinion. He still needs digestive enzymes so I rarely have a problem.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org