What benefits do you see from feeding raw?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What benefits do you see from feeding raw?

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultWhat benefits do you see from feeding raw?

I'm talking about noticable changes in your dog(s)? I haven't seen any changes, good or bad. But then again, we weren't having any "issues" before we switched either.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What benefits do you see from feeding raw?

I haven't seen any changes, good or bad.
    Not even poop that turns white?? I don't know any kibble fed dog who's poop turns white...

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    Not even poop that turns white?? I don't know any kibble fed dog who's poop turns white...
    I was thinking more along the lines of "less itchiness", "more energy" ... but I'm always happy to talk poop! ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I was thinking more along the lines of "less itchiness", "more energy"
    Ahh...yes, I have noticed a difference especially with Murphy who was having major itchy problems. Other benefits are no doggy smell (Maisy STUNK of dog before I introduced raw), tiny poops that turn white within a day or so, much nicer coats and generally a better well being. Also, the dogs get a lot of enjoyment from eating raw meals -- Trick my Shepherd cross mutt was always a picky eater but he scarfs his raw meals down like his Lab 'siblings'.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsMyGirl
    I'm always happy to talk poop! ;D
    What a hoot!!!! Are we all sick or what?! My staff just gives my other staff member who feeds raw and eye "those looks" when we begin talking poop!

Caleb was having such issues with Pano and then his ears that I could not help but notice a huge difference. One thing I must admit I do notice when I feed Evo is how much more water he drinks when he eats kibble.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Smaller, less stinky, and HARDER poops. Great, shiny coat.

And best of all...(drumroll please)...less energy! Larry's always been somewhat hyper and had some nervous energy, even when exercised heavily. When we switched to a super high end kibble for breakfast with raw dinners, he just...mellowed out. It's not a "sick" lack of energy, it's a more low-key happy dog energy.

Riley's chronic ear infections went away.

Oreo doesn't stink like a dirty dog anymore. I used to have to bathe her once a week because of her stench...now I bathe her about 3 times a year. And Oreo's coat is softer and shinier.

And the poop...so small and WAY less frequent. The hard poops are good for the anal glands, helps to express them naturally.

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

Since I've been feeding raw (dinners are raw, breakfast is still kibble) Tess has not had to have her anal glands expressed even once. Before I started with the raw feeding she was needing her glands expressed every six weeks to two months.

Henry's gungy yeasty ears, which have plagued him since he was a pup are a thing of the past!!! ;D I tried kibble after kibble, even the high end holistic kind but to no avail. Finally, in frustration, and after too many vet visits, I decided to give raw a try.

His skin itchies have also cleared up, and he doesn't scootch his butt as much!

And the poops!! Small and hard! WOOHOO!

He also drinks tons less water (I used to worry constantly about bloat... he would gulp and gulp down water like he was parched, so much that I could hear it sloshing about in his stomach when he walked!).

And the best part? He's so full of zest and monkeyness!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    Guess it depends on what you are feeding and how long you leave it there!! My dogs poop turns white and they do get a marrow bone once a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast