What’s better than peanut butter dog treats? How about… some more peanuts! For our Double Peanut Dog Treat Recipe, we’ve added a few crushed peanuts to give it some more lip-smacking flavor. After you bake a batch of these treats, your home will smell tantalizing. But keep those pesky humans away from these cookies – these treats are for pooches only! Another bonus: these treats are chewy, making them perfect for dogs who need a softer biscuit to bite down on.
Double Peanut Dog Treat Recipe
Makes 20-25 cookies
1 cup flour (any type)
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. To crush whole peanuts, pour peanuts into a bowl. Using the bottom of a mug, firmly press down on the peanuts until they are crushed into smaller pieces.
3. In a large bowl mix, add all ingredients and mix until a dough is formed.
4. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to ½ to ¼ inch thickness. Cut out shapes using cookie cutters and place on cookie sheets.
5. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and let cool on racks for an hour or two.
7. Place in air tight container or bag and keep in refrigerator or freezer until needed.
~ Community Support
Looks good! Too bad we don't have an oven to do this recipe for my dog