if blue gave your dog diarrhea

Thread: if blue gave your dog diarrhea

Dalila is offline Junior Member

Defaultif blue gave your dog diarrhea

What food has worked for you?
    My puppy has had diarrhea of and on and he's been on blue. I want some ideas on what other foods to try from folks who've had the same issued and it's resolved after switching to a different food.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Max Dad is offline Senior Member

My Lab was started on Diamond naturals and did well on it till he was about a year old. Then, I began reading articles (Holistic Food/Dog Food Ranking/Recalls, etc.) I tried him on several different high dollar, highly ranked, highly advertised dog foods. He did NOT do well on Blue. Put him back on Diamond Naturals and he is back, shiny coat and all.
    Nearly every dog food (Including Blue) has been recalled.
    Some of the best confirmation Labs I have seen are fed Purina Pro Plan. My pup (Ch Satans Creek take It To The Max)is not picky, but I AM.
    I recommend using what works for YOUR dog.

LuvBrown is offline Senior Member

Never had good luck with Blue Buff. I feed mostly Pro Plan.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ahtoxa is offline Senior Member

Mine had diarrhea from Blue Buffalo. He's on Wellness Simple now. Grain free, limited ingredient food. Salmon and potato variety. He does well on it. Generally, he does very good on different Wellness brands. Others - not so much.

Sillydogs is offline Junior Member

My pup had bouts of loose stool when i tried BB. I was recommended Grandma Mae's Country Naturals which is a small family business so it may be hard to find whereever your at, but it cleared her up like over night. After a while, she seemed to lose interest in eating, so I switched once again to Acana, and she has been excited to eat ever since, and her stool has been perfect. I'm sticking to Acana (Pacifica) for now, but my neighbors lab is on Fromms, and they have no complaints at all. I'm sure you have heard this before... every dog is different, and you may need to do some trial and error until you find a brand of food that both you and your dog likes. Usually if you go to some smaller speciality pet shops, you can get some free samples of different brands.... but i think it takes like atleast a month of being on one brand to notice any difference. Good Luck! Train Hard! Play Hard! Enjoy!

russ1611 is offline Junior Member

i had the same problem with my 9 week old pup i tried all kinds of brands and the only one what works for him is collards turkey and rice its made for pups with sensitive stomachs my pup his now pooping normal hope this helps and good luck

Dalila is offline Junior Member

Thanks everyone for the advice. I figured I would try one of the cheaper brands as opposed to another holistic higher end brand in case it didn't work either. I put him on pro plan and the first stool he had on it was nice and firm.

javasmom is offline Senior Member

Fromm.

NWS Alpine is offline Junior Member

When we adopted her at 4 months our first bag was BB Wilderness puppy. She had loose stools on and off for about 3 weeks. Would clear up for a couple poops then liquid and soft serve. Looked it up an other had similar issues with BB. We switched to Fromm and cleared it right up and nice firm poops.

Now that she is a few months older we have switched her to Orijen Adult Dry as I wanted to go back to a higher animal protein source. I was worried she wouldn't handle it well like the BB Wilderness as often many say it may be too rich. Well she loves it and has great firm poops. I will rotate the Orijen flavors from time to time and we also use their freeze dried tundra treats. High protein content and she loves them.