Graviola???

Thread: Graviola???

obxmarried is offline Junior Member

DefaultGraviola???

Our 13 year old lab Miss Emily was just diagnosed with bone cancer last week. Xray showed her bone in right back leg is already detoriating. Like alot of people I thought she was just arthritic and waited to long to have it checked out. At this point, her age, and weight (80 lbs) surgery is something we have decided not to do. My husband has to carry her up and down the stairs now and her appetite has changed. She no longer wants her canned dog food but really enjoys people food. I have started fixing her scramble eggs for lunch. An suggestions on foods I can fix for her that won't hurt her? The vet has her on Tramadol and Prednisone. My mom worrying about Miss Emily gave me Graviola and Pau D' Arco to "help" with the cancer. Does anyone know anything about these 2 and would they really help at this point? I'm feeling at this point to try and keep her as comfortable as possible and everyone has told me I'll know when it's time. This is my first dog and at my age (41) I'm having a real hard time with this. Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I have answered in your other thread. I am so sorry your fur baby and your family are dealing with this.

I haven't heard of this, but someone in the yahoo bone cancer group may have. Yahoo! Groups

When Kassa fought bone cancer I tried all sorts of things. I am not sure what gave us the extra time with her. JL prayers, her will to fight or what we gave her. Perhaps all of it.

Good thoughts coming.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

No suggestions from me, but my best thoughts to you and Miss Emily!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thank you. After a lot of research I have decided not to give her the Graviola or Pau D' Arco and just make the most out of the time we have left.

IMG_2901.jpg

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

I can't say that this has helped, but when Rhys was diagnosed with cancer in 2008, Graviola was the first thing that was suggested by the homeopathic doctor. Along with traditional medicine (he's had surgery and radiation) he's still with us despite being given 6 months.

I don't want to stop giving it to him, so he gets it every day...just in case

Give Emily a big hug, and enjoy her for however long you have.
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

Smile

Well here we go again. I have been such a wreck not knowing if I am doing enough for Miss Emily or If I am doing too much. So I am going to stick with what the vet gave us....Prednisone and Tramadol and go with my moms instinct (she is usually always right) and give her the Graviola and Pau D' Arco. Miss Emily has good and bad days. Nights seem to be worse but she did have a good night last night. I slept with her and I think I will continue to. It made us both feel better Thank you all for the support at this time. It really does help to know I'm not alone.

.facebook_250937249.jpg