We are noticing a huge difference after just one day!

Thread: We are noticing a huge difference after just one day!

Scout08 is offline Senior Member

DefaultWe are noticing a huge difference after just one day!

I started Chuck on her raw diet yesterday with a meal of chicken wings. Today, she got chicken back and a little bit of breast meat. She won't eat the gizzards and she is still getting used to having to chew the bones. She does better with it if the chicken is slightly warm, so I microwaved it for about 15 seconds. She wouldn't eat it straight out of the fridge. Her energy level has gone WAY up. She has had no problems with diarrhea or puking. She had so much energy for her walk this morning, it was crazy! She seems happier and a little more active in the house. The only problem is, I am worn out! I tried to take a picture of her earlier today, but my camera isn't working. Hopefully, I can add to the picture thread after dinner tonight!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I also just realized that she does not have as much gas as she did for the first few days when we had her eating Iams kibble.

Diesel's dad is offline Junior Member

The gas will go away. Starch makes gas, especially grain starch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

Glad she is doing better! I was looking at pics today on facebook and i just want to cuddle with her She looks so sweet!
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

Nallah06 is offline Senior Member

Try leaving her food out of the fridge for an hour or so before you feed it, instead of microwaving it. You don't want to "cook" any bones she might be eating. Even if it is just 15 seconds.

I'm glad she's doing well though! Keep in mind to introduce organs slowly and only after you have a few proteins under your belt! Good luck
    Loved by Kelley
    Nallah (8/6/2006)
    Morgan (5/17/2008)
    Remi (7/3/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Nallah06 View Post
    Try leaving her food out of the fridge for an hour or so before you feed it, instead of microwaving it. You don't want to "cook" any bones she might be eating. Even if it is just 15 seconds.

I'm glad she's doing well though! Keep in mind to introduce organs slowly and only after you have a few proteins under your belt! Good luck
    Oops... She has been eating chicken (About a quarter a day) for a week now (Actually, the first 4 days she had a roaster chicken that I cut up). I thought I should be giving her organs so I introduced her to chicken liver (She has had no problems yet). Should I stop giving the liver until I introduce a few more sources? She is thriving on her diet now and she has gotten very good at eating the bones. At first, she was skeptical and it took a long time. Now, she chews them and gets them down in about a minute to two minutes. I watch closely to make sure she chews, but she hasn't tried to swallow anything to big for her. I have a vet visit tomorrow. I am anxious to hear what he thinks!

Nallah06 is offline Senior Member

I would slow down the organs a bit for now. Too much too fast can cause some upset. If she handled them fine so far, you can continue with them on occasion, but I usually suggest having 2-3 proteins down before introducing any organ meat.
    Loved by Kelley
    Nallah (8/6/2006)
    Morgan (5/17/2008)
    Remi (7/3/2010)

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Good for you!! I wish I had the nerve to g raw.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Erns was so much happier when he went to raw too. He was so funny with the necks and bits and chewing the bones. Glad it is working out for you.

MJ Mya is healthy and looks great so unless you really have don't wish for the nerve. Erns was itching 24hours a day so had to do something and tried raw.It was easier than I thought it would be.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/