mucous poop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mucous poop

Deanna1002 is offline Senior Member

Defaultmucous poop

both girls have mucousy poop. And Casey, has some blood in it as well.

It started last month with apple's poop being mucousy and somewhat bloody. It continued for a few days so i figured id take her to the vet, get a sample checked and get her on something. The poop came back negative and they put her on flagyl ???? (this was two weeks ago) Everything seemed to go perfect, her poop was getting firm. During all this casey, started getting the same thing. I added extra probiotics on caseys food and added a capsule of Thornes Veterinary Castriplex at each meal. She got better for a few days then same thing all over again.
    Apple finished her antibiotics two days ago... and the mucous started up again today!!!!!

I'm at a point where i don't know what to do. I don't want to stop the raw, i am a firm believer of it. It cleared many issues like ear infections, their coat is much nicer, and apple has more energy then ever before.

I feed omas pride. Rabbit, ostrich, the beef, chicken and turkey mixes, tripe, etc. (i started this end of september)

Ever since this episode ive only given them the beef mixes though.

I add Wholistic Canine Complete (vitamins), Nutra-Vet Research Corp Calcium a Trace Mineral complex, NaturVet Enzymes and probiotics, and recently started Thorne's Gatriplex. to each meal

Would anyone have a clue as to what is going on here ??? I am going to make an apt with my holistic vet (dr Yasson), but for the time being was wondering if anyone has gone through this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Baloo has had mucousy poop before. I don't really know what Oma's pride is (ground...? with/without bone..?) but I would cut back on amounts and streamline the diet with a more neutral (TCM-wise) protein source, like the rabbit.

After resting guts for a day or so, of course.

Also wanted to add, I use digestive enzymes with my guys and found that they helped the icky poop.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

I agree that beef would not be the protein source I would go with. Cattle are quite old when killed, relative to rabbits and chickens, and that means more time for toxins to build up. Rabbit is great as they are butchered at 8 to 12 weeks.

First, I would fast her for two days. Most people do not fast their dogs long enough and two days is the bare minimum. The gut is responsible for immunity so it needs time to clean house without having to split it's attention with digestion. If you like, you can give her a nice bone to chew on to keep her busy.

Second, I would give her the following herbs:
    slippery elm, marshmallow root, pumpkin, licorice root and chamomile
    They must be fresh and organic...not all herbs are the same. You can grind them up in a coffe grinder or magic bullet. Mix them up and give her a tsp twice a day with some good plain yoghurt or on her meal. You can get these online or if you PM me I can get you some that are pre-mixed and ready to go.

Third, why oh why do vets prescribe this stuff without a reason???? It is not harmless and there should be a VERY good reason for giving it. And as you can see, they do little except mask symptoms. Here your dog is struggling with a health issue and the first thing they can think of is to give her drugs full of toxins? Would also be helpful to know the vaccine history and what other chemicals and toxins she is exposed to (heartworm meds, flea meds, etc). In any event, I'm sure the liver is struggling as it does in every vaccinated/allopathically treated dog and I would recommend milk thistle seed. Not the crappy stuff you buy in the grocery store, get the real seeds and grind them. Again, you can get those online or I can let you know where to get them. Every dog who has been vaccinated should be on this.

I would drop the calcium and gastriplex and see how things go without.
    There are also very safe and effective herbal wormers but I would start with the above as the fecal has been negative.
    Hope that helps
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I also want to touch upon chronic vaccine induced disease. Vaccines are the usual culprit for digestive issues so this can limit your success with changing the diet without treating the vaccine induced issues homeopathically. Vaccines produce a chronic disease state and both the parvo and distemper vaccines will create chronic dissentary. This likely has little to do with what they are eating as the problem is chronic inflammation in the gut, liver and kidneys. A proper diet is important but the single most important thing you can do for your dog's health is to stop vaccinating. Our dogs suffer from an alarming array of auto-immune diseases (including athritis, cancer, irritable bowl and gut disease, liver disease, kidney disease, diabetes, etc.) and even a single vaccine will create auto-immune disease that is there for the life of your animal.
    If you want to learn more about this, read the Dr. Jean Dodds article here. You can also learn how vaccines cause cancer and other issues in the articles by Patricia Jordan DVM and Don Hamilton DVM.
    Dana

- Anonymous

Deanna1002 is offline Senior Member

thanks kate and dana.

Dana - my younger girl got her puppy vaccines and the one year booster and thats it for her. Casey my seven year old had her last shots at 5years of age.

I too am against vaccinations.

But my very good friend lost her 3 month old choc boy from parvo(he got his 8 week puppy ones and that was it), and ive been scared ever since. So, i will not vaccinate apple anymore, though i felt i needed to do the puppy ones, then my vet pushed me into doing the 1year booster, which i do regret doing. She is not on heartworm preventives, nor flea and tick pesticides, i do put a drop of lavender, and some other thing that i completely forgot what its called on her collar. We are constantly in the fields so might have to look into somethnig else because she gets so many ticks... but im still researching that..
    anyway- thanks for the remedies i will be pm ing you for the info on where to get it as well as the thistles.

I spoke to dr yasson yesturday and being that theres so many things that this could be she started them off on Graphites ?? i'm getting that today so i'll see how that goes.

I've been giving them sliperry elm tea for a few days now.. with some rice and boiled chicken. Fasting them is very tough for me... extremely tough for me and them of course so skipping meals i havent done but am feeding them very little. Apple's been loosing ALOT of weight because of all of this, and shes not looking healthy.... ughh..

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

I had a similar problem along time ago and simply fed chicken (whole leg quarters) for about 2 weeks. I only feed once a day (evening). Fter everything was back to normal for a few more weeks I started adding back in things and learned that for some reason pork would upset her for a while. Now about 80-90 percent of what I feed her is chicken, the rest is fish or sometimes beef etc.
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

FWIW - and I did not feed her raw - my Dutch Shepherd had mucousy poop for a long time until I took her completely off beef. She never had that problem again.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

I agree Sharon, mine get gooey eyes when they are on beef, I hardly feed it at all these days except when I can find organic.
    Dana

- Anonymous

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I hated the thought of my dog not having food. Erns became so sick he didn't want to eat, then come right, eat, then sick again with mucousy poops. Elimation and rice for a day or 2 really does help, or the gut doesn't clear. Don't feed anything at all. I made this mistake and he would get the oddcrust, or bit of food someone dropped or apple off the tree. I thought oh what can a little bit hurt. It does. A lot.
    t
    Ernie has Crohns (IBD) and never had vaccines except the first puppy ones. I don't flea him either. With his Crohns I am now very very careful he doesn't get food he shouldn't. It was hard at first, but used to it now.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

I have to comment on people who think that they are vaccinating lightly when they say 'he just had his puppy vaccines'. Do you realize that in most cases, this means AT LEAST 20 INDIVIDUAL VACCINES GIVEN TO THE DOG????? I have no idea how people think that is a light vaccination schedule, especially as it takes just one vaccine to produce damage. You are deluding yourselves if you think that even one vaccine can not damage your pet. Crohn's disease and all of this IBS we are talking about are simply misams: chronic forms of parvo and distemper that are caused by vaccines. This is incredibly important for people to understand. This does not mean don't vaccinate although that is an option. It means to vaccinate intelligently and sparingly because every time you vaccinate, you risk death and disease.

Dr. Ronald Schultz who is the leading canine immunologist in the world vaccinates his puppies once at 12 weeks then never again.

If anyone needs evidence of this, just email me and I can send you hundreds of pictures of sick dogs, many of whom die within two weeks of vaccine administration. There is the dog who was PTS because of severe vasculitis after vaccination, another who died of massive mast cell tumor proliferation all over his body that suddenly appeared just two days after a vaccine and grew so quickly that he was dead within two weeks.

It is madness that people consider an entire round of puppy vaccines 'light' and don't consider that it can cause very real health issues for your dog.

Unvaccinated dogs have one risk: catching the disease. Vaccinated dogs have two risks: catching the disease and damage from the vaccine.
    Dana

- Anonymous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast