Raw co-ops in NW PA?

Thread: Raw co-ops in NW PA?

BJ
    BJ is offline Junior Member

UnhappyRaw co-ops in NW PA?

My 3 Labs have been on Raw for 2 months.I'm learning lots and want to continue but my resources here in hickville are so-o-o limited! I can't afford anything but chicken. Ive never seen lamb in the stores. I did find a whole, skinned rabbit at a butcher's for $10.00 apiece!
    Does anyone know if there are any raw feeding co-ops or groups anywhere even remotely near Northwestern Pennsylvania? I know I'll need to drive aways to find one.My only other option is mail-order which is really expensive too. HELP! I don't want to go back to kibble!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

Have you looked into FreeCycle? It's kind of like a Craigslist for stuff that's free. I'm sure you could go on there and see if anyone around you has anything they'd be willing to give away for free.

If you live in "Hickville," are there any hunting groups? Maybe someone has extra goods they'd be willing to sell or give you the stuff they throw out for free!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

There's one in Akron. Depends where in NW PA you're at.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Nallah06 is offline Senior Member

We're kind of in the same boat.

I did find a raw supplier about an hour and a half away from us that we can get a majority of our stuff but otherwise we just stock up on stuff at the grocery store when its on sale. You should be able to get at least chicken, beef and pork when its on sale.

Otherwise, use "hickville" to your advantage and ask local hunters for their leftovers/scraps. We just started, so next year I'll be asking everyone I know for their scraps!
    Loved by Kelley
    Nallah (8/6/2006)
    Morgan (5/17/2008)
    Remi (7/3/2010)

Onyx14 is offline Junior Member

This may be a dumb questions, but is there a certain age to start feeding raw foods?

Deanna1002 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx14 View Post
    This may be a dumb questions, but is there a certain age to start feeding raw foods?
    no. I know a breeder that starts the litter with raw food, the mother gets fed raw food while nursing as well..

BJ - i'm not to sure if you have a yahoo account, but theres a few RAW Food groups that you can join and they might be able to help you better. i think one is called BARF Lite not too sure...