Calling all RAW feeders!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all RAW feeders!

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultCalling all RAW feeders!

I hate to see this section remain empty. If this is going to be home, lets get started and introduce ourselves here. I am not a raw feeder (only in my dreams), but I do feed a low-carbohydrate food, which I believe would be more "natural" for dogs. I feed Skippy and Emilu Innova Evo Large Bites and they are doing great on it - nice coats, nice poops, etc. So anyone feeding or interested in feeding RAW - lets get this section started

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I have been feeding raw for over 5 1/2 years. Hi Pat!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

diabolicalangel is offline Senior Member

Great idea! I love high protein, grain free kibbles for a healthier alternative for our beloved pets. Casey has been fed the raw diet for about 2 months now and she LOVES her food. Raw feeding is wonderful in my opinion.

-Rebecca

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lunamus is offline Senior Member

This time round I've rawfed Luna since april.

Last time I rawfed, it was for about 2 years.

This time I think we've found a perfect solution, and she's losing weight as planned.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I've been feeding raw to my guys for just one year, in April.... glad I made the switch. It's not as hard or as expensive as I once thought.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Ender has been all RAW for most of his 3 years... the first year we did a lot of juggling around with different kibbles and stuff and his system just couldn't take them... so we finally switched to RAW (I can't remember how old he was at the time... maybe 6-9 months old?) and he's been happy and healthy ever since.

Since he was staying with me, we did try a kibble... Wellness CORE (GRAIN FREE)... which he has done really well on (solid good poop). He does half RAW, half kibble at the moment.

Eric and I were really glad to finally find a kibble he could go on in case he needed to (like if he was staying for an extended time with someone who couldn't feed RAW or for traveling etc.)
    ~Lindsay

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

My crew eats a combination of Innova Evo Large Bites (usually Chicken) and Raw foods usually Liver, Hearts & Gizzards (which are Magnum's very favorite!!) Chicken thighs, Jack Mackral, Sardines, Natur's Variety patties.

I do not feed bones. I've not been successful doing it (unless they are ground up as in the Natur's Variety patties) Ruger consistantly throws up bones so I won't feed them as part of his diet.

I supplement with Glucosamine/Condrotin/MSM & feed a lot of green beans.

Hunterboozer is offline Junior Member

My boys have been raw fed for just over 1 year now. I'm so glad I made the switch. They have all lost weight and 2 of them are just about at their "goal" weights. Hunter has lost 18 lbs. over the past year. Yogi has dropped 11. Chance - well, he's only dropped 5. I'm not sure why his weight loss hasn't been as large as his brothers. I've cut his food down quite a bit, but I'm afraid to go lower - I don't want to starve him.
    Last edited by Hunterboozer; 02-18-2009 at 01:36 PM.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Hiya everybody!

Our one year anniversary of raw feeding is February 23rd, so we're almost at a full year! Woot!!

SOOO never going back.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

I've been feeding raw for about twelve years now. Hah, I'm one of the old Billinghurst-ites but I've progressed to more of a prey model type of diet. Raised lots of litters and puppies on it with outstanding results.
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast