Unofficial MN Lab Fest - July 12 2008 - All dogs welcome

Thread: Unofficial MN Lab Fest - July 12 2008 - All dogs welcome

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultUnofficial MN Lab Fest - July 12 2008 - All dogs welcome

MN Lab Fest, MN Retriever Fest, heck! All Dog Fest

Okay, I want to have some fun and meet some of our MN dogs and maybe some nearby WI neighbors dogs. I picked a date and decided to post it to see what kind of interest there is out there.

When: July 12th 2008
    Where:Crow-Hassan Park Reserve - Animal Exercise Area (Off Lead Dog Park)
    Time 9:00 am till .........

Link: http://www.threeriversparkdistrict.o...park.cfm?pid=6

This is a great off lead dog facility. 40+ acres. Most of the pictures I post on JustLabradors are taken here.

1.3 mile trail through wooded and tall grasslands, Large open area near parking lot and picnic tables, short grass field. A portion along the Crow River which is great for the dogs to swim/retrieve/run whatever. Although the literature says it is fenced, it is surveyed but the fence is not installed. The parking lot is a good city block off a county road, and that is about as close to traffic as the dogs will get. The river is about a half mile walk from the parking lot. Plenty of picnic tables, and a public restroom. The only water is in the river, so fresh drinking water if you don't want your dogs in the river is needed.

Bring whatever you need, but there is a convenience store about 1.5 miles away (SuperAmerica).

The daily use fee is $5, annual permit to all Three Rivers facilities $30.
    Crow-Hassan Park Reserve

Located on the Crow River west of Rogers, Crow-Hassan Park Reserve is a 2,600 acre park which evokes images of early pioneers as they crossed the wilderness in covered wagons. The large uninterrupted expanse of land bordered by the Crow River that makes up Crow Hassan Park Reserve represents an outstanding area for providing a feeling of wilderness and solitude. No matter what time of the year one visits, the 600-acre restored prairie is colorful and ever-changing: spring brings delicate wildflowers; summer produces stands of tall grasses that dance in the breeze; fall offers a spectacular color display and winter leaves white snow, drifting like ocean waves. Deer, fox, coyotes, trumpeter swans, hawks and bald eagles may be seen from the many miles of trails that wind through the park.

Facilities and Amenities
    Dog Off-leash Area - Over 40 acres of partially-fenced space allows dogs to run off-leash. An annual or daily pass is required.
    Group Campsites - There are four group campsites available by reservation which can accommodate groups of 20 - 80 people. Two sites are drive-in horse campsites and two sites are ride-in horse campsites. How to reserve a site.
    Dog trails (9.4 miles) -Dogs are allowed on designated horse trails and along park service roads. Dog-walkers are required to keep their dogs on leashes no longer than 6 feet and must clean up after the pets. Dogs must not be allowed to interfere with other trail users. Violators will be fined.
    Dog Off-leash Area - Over 40 acres of partially-fenced space allows dogs to run off-leash. An annual or daily pass is required.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thunders Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Unofficial MN Lab Fest - July 12 2008 - All dogs welcome

yeehaw Sounds like a good time to me!!!

It's not the destination, it's the journey!

joflake is offline Senior Member

I wish I lived closer, or gas was cheaper! Your pictures of HK having fun at the dog park are so fun to look at, I wish my dogs had the chance to come there and play!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

We are a month closer since the MN Lab Fest was announced. I thought I would provide some photos of what can be expected park wise.

The first two are of the area near the parking lot including restroom (no water) and picnic tables.

Now comes a walking tour along the trail including a river shot or two.
    Looking east front the parking lot.

Looking west and going on

That's it! A few weeks before I will post pics with some of the regular dogs included.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

PM for any information you may want. Other than directions, there isn't much.
    A few pics from two weeks ago to get you interested.

Just 2 days to go! Looking forward to seeing lots of you there. See earlier posts in thread for details

See Dad! I told you I wasn't sick. River level is down some, so there is actually some shoreline at waters levels.

When she bounces up to the high water bank, I got a few shots that I like. She may be wet, but she was happy to be there. Maybe because she got to be wet?