Therapy Dogs wanted...

Thread: Therapy Dogs wanted...

Yelloweyz is offline Senior Member

DefaultTherapy Dogs wanted...

I'm in the Bay City area and visting often in the Saginaw area (Michigan), and I am looking for potential teams to visit at St. Mary's Hospital in Saginaw.... also in Bay City, TDI dogs are needed at Brian's House and other nursing homes.

I started with my TDI dog Nanook to get the St. Mary's Cancer Treatment Center program started over 5 years ago, and I have recently gone back to keep give the program some resuscitative measures....

I'm looking for any local Therapy Dog teams who would like to get established in local places that have accepted the TDI program.....Alas, I am but only one team (Jobe and I)... Its my goal to have these places visited more.... many times people get their TDI and dont do much with it, and I would like to help people with this...

If anyone is interested, please give send me a message....It would light up so many lives to have a visit from one of your gorgeous dogs...

Mom to Indy 6/12/98 to 11/16/11 (always in my heart), and Jobe 8-14-2000 to 6/24/2013 (Working TDI) English Labs, and Annie our Golden Retriever (TDI), and Kodiak (who will one day hopefully be a TDI dog if he doesn't kill me first).

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

We're a bit far (just on the opposite of Detroit), but I know some teams up that way, I'll see what I can help with.

We wouldn't mind travelling up that way maybe once a month.

Right now we're working in Monroe.
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

Yelloweyz is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luvmydog2much View Post
    We're a bit far (just on the opposite of Detroit), but I know some teams up that way, I'll see what I can help with.

We wouldn't mind travelling up that way maybe once a month.

Right now we're working in Monroe.
    Aww, how great are you and your puppers!!!! Thanks so much... we'd love to have anyone come visit with us....(The hospitals of course, they will need to some papers to fill out, but the rest just need their TDI badges and yearly physical visit paper)...Thank you so much!!!!!

I'm sure you guys put many smiles on peoples' faces...thank you for that, I know it means a lot to them.

Mom to Indy 6/12/98 to 11/16/11 (always in my heart), and Jobe 8-14-2000 to 6/24/2013 (Working TDI) English Labs, and Annie our Golden Retriever (TDI), and Kodiak (who will one day hopefully be a TDI dog if he doesn't kill me first).

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jacque is offline Member

I actually just posted questions about how to get my pup, Jazz, involved in being a therapy dog. I wish I could join y'all but we are in Dallas, TX. If you have any advice or suggestions, please comment on my post (under Lab Chat) as more people might read it and be interested in doing the same. It makes me so happy when children ask to pet Jazz...their eyes just light up..Jazz just smiles and wags..she loves it. I imagine a child in the hospital would enjoy it a million times more...
    -JACQUE