Anyone planning to go to the LRC Natls in Oct (Portland area)?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone planning to go to the LRC Natls in Oct (Portland area)?

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnyone planning to go to the LRC Natls in Oct (Portland area)?

Just curious if anyone here is coming out to the NW for the LRC Nat'ls (Oct 6-12). I'll for sure be going to Sauvie Island on the 7th for the JH test and Conformation Certificate (since I'm secretary of that!). I'm having to wait to see how apple harvest is looking before entering any of the weekday events though, since I'm a self employed consultant. Telling a grower who needed info yesterday that I'm at a dog show doesn't quite cut it, but I can usually wing a Sunday by then!

The premium is up at Baray Event services: http://www.barayevents.com/docs/209/document_693.pdf
    38 pages worth!!!!! It's going to be AWESOME! I attended the JH back in 2000 when it was held in the Seattle area. -Anne (from C. WA)

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Anyone planning to go to the LRC Natls in Oct (Portland area)?

I'm going as a spectator - I live only 6 miles away! Maybe we can meet up.
    <br />Oregon

Cool! Do you live on Sauvie Island then????????? You can enter the CC w/ your pup! -Anne

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I live 6 miles away from the Washington Co. Fairgrounds where the conformation stuff is being held, about 17 miles from Sauvie Island.

I don't think he would stand still for the CC evaluation. :-[
    <br />Oregon

If he'll be 1 yo at the time of evaluation, he's fair game! Believe me, the judges are used to goofy dogs that can't stand still at a CC!!!!! They are VERY patient, take alot more time than the "normal" show ring. It's very casual and fun. ;D Bring him on in! -Anne

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

I would love to go as a spectator, do you have to get tickets before hand? Sorry I am such a novice I dont even know the rules to being a spectator ! I would love to meet you both!

Quote Originally Posted by birdbrainz
    If he'll be 1 yo at the time of evaluation, he's fair game! Believe me, the judges are used to goofy dogs that can't stand still at a CC!!!!! They are VERY patient, take alot more time than the "normal" show ring. It's very casual and fun. ;D Bring him on in! -Anne
    He's a 6-1/2-year-old puppy! I'll give it some thought.

<br />Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by dipete
    I would love to go as a spectator, do you have to get tickets before hand? Sorry I am such a novice I dont even know the rules to being a spectator ! I would love to meet you both!
    The entry to dog shows are (for the most part) free. I can only think of 1 that charges admission to spectators (Seattle KC). There may be a parking fee however, w/ the activities at the fairgrounds, I'm not sure. BUT, do bring $$$ as there are vendors! ;D

Unentered dogs should be left at home too, or at least not be on the show grounds. That's a general liability issue common to all dog shows. Other than that, the only other thing I can think of is to wait until folks are done exhibiting in their classes before asking them too many questions, and not to take it personally if the person tells you they are busy at the moment. Pre-ring jitters, you know?? -Anne

Mooselady is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the info - I live south of there and would love to come and watch. I haven't ever been to any thing like this before and it would be great to see what goes on! Maybe those of us who go could meet up at some point and put names with faces?
    <br /><br /><br />&quot;Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole.&quot;&nbsp; Roger Caras

Mooselady is offline Senior Member

I just looked at the link for this - now I have lots of questions! For those of you with experience with these things what would be the best events to watch for someone with no experience?
    <br /><br /><br />&quot;Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole.&quot;&nbsp; Roger Caras

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast