UK Lab Owners?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK Lab Owners?

Erendui is offline Senior Member

DefaultUK Lab Owners?

Just wondering who else is from the UK? I've only noticed me and 2 others so far...

Would be nice to have a meet up, maybe in the new year when I've learned to drive? Hehe

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Samson is offline Senior Member

Bit of a trek to Kent but I appreciate your sentiments.

We only really have three active members from the Uk on board who post on a regular basis.

Apologies to those who have only recently joined but that's about it !

We used to have

Alfies mum ( She's a bit occupied with a human addition ATM ) Sutton Coldfield or thereabouts

Scorpion Abarth Up North but not sure where
    Harvey's Mum Canterburyish in Kent

No doubt the ones that I missed and are current ( or lurking ) will chirp up !

Sutton Coldfield is a 10-15 min train ride away from me! Well once I learn to drive, I'm sure I'll be enthusiastic enough to trot over to wherever it takes! Have you guys ever made a successful meet-up?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Erendui View Post
    Sutton Coldfield is a 10-15 min train ride away from me! Well once I learn to drive, I'm sure I'll be enthusiastic enough to trot over to wherever it takes! Have you guys ever made a successful meet-up?
    Not yet ! We have too few members too far apart in the UK to make it a worthwhile idea to meet up ! I'm not far from Bernie ( Harvey's mum ) but we all have our own agendas so it hasn't happened yet.

We are supposed to have Woofus in the UK shortly so who knows whether this will change ? Watch this space although Woofus has been missing for MONTHS so don't hold your breath !

Sounds fun... I shall look out for it! Do you ever go to Crufts? I've dreamed of going since I was a little girl! Possible meet up opportunity? (Unless people object for moral reasons, I know Crufts can be a controversial topic regarding breeding of unhealthy dogs, although I'm inclined to argue otherwise... but it's currently neither the time nor the place for this one hehe)

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

It would be great to meet up but as Colin says, there are so few of us, all living miles apart that it hasn't really been possible yet.

I live in a village to the west of Canterbury, Colin is about 30 miles away from me and we still havent met up Working full time and weekend commitments do make it hard. However, as i will soon be out of work, who knows!!

DJsMOM is offline Member

There's me too. I'm fairly new & in Sutton, Surrey.

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJsMOM View Post
    There's me too. I'm fairly new & in Sutton, Surrey.
    Excellent! Nice to see some more UK peeps joining up!

Hooray! I was wondering whether to put some JL adverts in at my puppy class, though there aren't any labs there at the mo (but yesterday we got the CUTEST dalmation pup ever! And a gorgeous 'blue-coat' alsation anyway, side tracked as usual...) there might be some labs in the adult class or some new ones in the future. I wonder if there aren't so many UK lab people here because of Labrador Forums, Labrador chat rooms, photos, breeders, rescue -> News, which I found the other day :/

I'm guessing there are more people hanging out here though, so I think I'll stick around (more people = faster response/more advice).

Quote Originally Posted by Erendui View Post
    Hooray! I was wondering whether to put some JL adverts in at my puppy class, though there aren't any labs there at the mo (but yesterday we got the CUTEST dalmation pup ever! And a gorgeous 'blue-coat' alsation anyway, side tracked as usual...) there might be some labs in the adult class or some new ones in the future. I wonder if there aren't so many UK lab people here because of Labrador Forums, Labrador chat rooms, photos, breeders, rescue -> News, which I found the other day :/

I'm guessing there are more people hanging out here though, so I think I'll stick around (more people = faster response/more advice).
    There are a number of Lab sites out there ! Personally it's the colour of the Lab Forum site that I can't stand ! That dark blue makes it difficult to read IMO. Also just like Dog Forum at Dogsey - the worlds largest dog forum! which is a general forum for all dogs, it is heavily moderated which JL is not !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast