3.5 yr-old yellow male in kill-shelter, owners moving...UPDATE BELOW!!!

Thread: 3.5 yr-old yellow male in kill-shelter, owners moving...UPDATE BELOW!!!

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Default3.5 yr-old yellow male in kill-shelter, owners moving...UPDATE BELOW!!!

Just got this through our lab club e-mail list from a friend who I show labs with (if you're interested, please let me know and we can see what we can do about arranging transport, etc. for this boy...he sounds wonderful!!!):

===========================
    Hi all,

I was just up at the Castaic Animal Shelter, and had to watch the process of a man "dropping off" his
    3 1/yo yellow male, because the family was "moving". He had tried to do the right thing and contact the breeders, (in San Bernadino) but they seem to have vanished.

I spent a good 20-30 minutes with this dog, and fell in love! If I had room for another "pet", I would have taken him right from the parking lot! This boy, Rex, is an absolute gentleman! He is obedience trained, LOVES to retrieve, and thinks a truck ride is the best thing since pig's ears!! He is reportedly great with kids and loves other dogs! He never was crate trained, and decides for himself whether he wants to sleep inside or outside.

Guys, this boy would make the perfect pet for someone out there! He needs to be neutered.......

If ANYONE can get Rex out of the shelter, I will pay the neutering and adoption fees! If anyone gets a request for an adult male, Rex is it! He was beautifully behaved in the shelter's office, and when his lead was dropped, he simply cruised around, sniffing for those who had come before him! When the outside door was opened, his owner would simply call Rex back to his side. He was so well behaved.....appears that a lot of work went into him. He's not one bit soft or shy in a new place with new people. True Lab, tail wagged the entire time!

I have Rex's shelter info, and would be thrilled to pass the info along to someone who wanted to adopt him!

PLEASE, if you know anyone...........

Thanks!
    =============================

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 3.5 yr-old yellow male in kill-shelter, owners moving, unable to contact breeder

Great news! My friend "busted" this boy out of "jail" this afternoon after he recovered from surgery (neutered), and dropped him off with me for the weekend while she's at a dog show. He is a perfect gentleman and very well-behaved. I didn't know what he's been eating, so I just prepared him a few containers of white rice and cooked hamburger as a little bit of a "bland diet" while recovering from surgery. I'd hate to give him anything too rich for his system.

Anyhow, he's currently cleaned up and snoozing, and after my friend picks him back up on Monday, she is going to meet his new foster home (which may turn out to be a forever home depending on how he fits in with the family). There are still about 4-5 purebred labradors in the Castaic, CA shelter from what I hear though...some of them 6+ years old.

So we'll continue to make a difference where we can, one life at a time...

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

brody is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 3.5 yr-old yellow male in kill-shelter, owners moving, unable to contact breeder

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover
    Great news! ...

So we'll continue to make a difference where we can, one life at a time...
    great news indeed - thanks for the update

and one at a time is such an important thing to keep in mind- when one is tired/burned out one at a time can be the only thing keeping you going..
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 3.5 yr-old yellow male in kill-shelter, owners moving...UPDATE BELOW!!!

YEAH!!!