looking for a Lab rescue

Thread: looking for a Lab rescue

deekudos is offline Junior Member

Defaultlooking for a Lab rescue

Hi,
    I am in Central/Northern VA and am in serach of a young Lab rescue..preferably a Black male. I am a long time Lab mom, currently have a 4 year old. My best bud, a black male of 13 passed on in January. Just though I wodl post this incase ther are any out there............

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_nellies mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: looking for a Lab rescue

Go to LRR.org. They are wonderful. My Nellie is from them. Be patient since they are very secretive until you are approved. Several years ago someone who was turned down attacked the head of the organization.
    <br />~~~~~~~~<br />Danie<br />Nellie, CGC<br />~~~~~~~~<br />The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

nick_charles is offline Senior Member

I'd check with Joe Maringo. He has a black lab male named Max on his site and has a couple of black lab females coming from Texas (Faith & Hope) and probably knows of many others.

His site:

http://www.sparro.org/

[size=10pt]Semper Famelicus[/size]<br /><br />Nick &amp; Nora (Terry&#39;s kids)&nbsp; Nora&#39;s Dreams

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

You should also check out Labs4Rescue. www.labs4rescue.com

My pretty girl, Lexi!

deekudos is offline Junior Member

Thanks guys, I have my dog) Will send a pic soon!

Marisa is offline Junior Member

Hi, I just rescued a 3-4 month old black lab from a shelter in Arkansas. He is a sweetheart and was about to be put down due to overcrowding. The Little Pink Shelter in CT coordinated this and the woman who runs this shelter is amazing. Please check out her site at http://pinkshelter.petfinder.com.

"Gunner" was transported up (I picked him up in CT) and is in great health. He is the sweetest little boy and to think of the other outcome is devastating to me.

I'm having some issues with my other lab who has been an only child for 6 years... he is not a huge fan of this new house-mate yet, but we're working on that.

Thank you and all the best,
    Marisa