Open Home For A Big Boy

Thread: Open Home For A Big Boy

av8trjohn is offline Junior Member

DefaultOpen Home For A Big Boy

I lost my Big Boy "Murphy" last June 9th after a hard fought battle with Lymphoma. He was only 5 1/2 and was one of my Saves. Well my
    other Big Boy "Morty" is getting up there now 10 YO and I can't think of what losing him would do to my English Pointer "Libby". All 3 dogs I adopted.

So I have my heart open and if you know of a younger Big Boy like Murphy that might need a great home. Plenty of Fenced Property To Run and Tons Of Love, please keep me in mind.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

John McCaw
    412 980-1233

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Open Home For A Big Boy

Hi John,

your dogs are beautiful. 

If you post a new topic on this page (https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...board,1.0.html) many people will be able to help you find a rescue organization in your area. This is a forum for people who own and love labradors, it's not often that someone would happen along to this forum wanting to be rid of their dog, your best bet is finding a rescue org. 

Also, have you tried Petfinder? www.petfinder.com  You can fill in your location and breed you are looking for and it will search for labs in need in your area.

Good luck in your search, and good for you for rescuing dogs in need. 
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

TimC. is offline Senior Member

John contact Joe Maringo on this forum. He lives in Plum PA. His website is www.sparro.org

good luck
    Olie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

John,

Welcome to JL. I was going to suggest the same thing Oona's dad has, get in touch with Joe Maringo with SPARRO. He is in Western PA.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

av8trjohn is offline Junior Member

Thanks folks and I will get in touch with Joe Maringo. Since my post at the top of this thread my Yellow Lab Morty has had another stroke and he has quit eating since last Fri. When he had the first stroke my Vet said nothing really could be done but dogs seem to recover much better than humans. Well now it is just a waiting game and I did get him to eat a few treats tonight.

Never thought I lose both my Labs within a year. Thanks again for all the information I really appreciate it alot.